Not So Happy Campers Part 1

AN: The photo is what Luna looks like just imagine her hair is braided.

(Luna's POV)

"And here's our final contestant Luna." A voice says introducing me as I step off the boat and fix my backpack on my shoulders. I guess it was Chris Mclean the host of the show. I then take a quick look around at my surroundings and I saw all of the other contestants have already arrived and that it wasn't a resort at all instead it was an old summer camp. "Nice to meet you all and good trick with the resort Chris." I say and I end up standing beside a girl with blonde hair, in a bright blue sweater that reached her stomach and dark blue shorts. "Hi I'm Bridgette." The girl introduces. "Nice to meet you and you're a surfer that's cool." I say to her quietly and nervously. I've never been good at being social.

"First things first we need a group photo for the promos. Everyone on the end of the dock." Chris said and we all went to the end of dock. I ended up standing behind Bridgette and I wanted to hide my face from the camera. "Okay one, two, three...oops okay forgot the lens cap." Chris said from on the deck of a yacht. "Okay hold that pose one... oh no wait cards full hang on." Chris said and I felt the dock begin to creak underneath me. "Come on man. My face is starting to freeze." The girl who was standing behind me complain. "Got it okay. Everyone say Wawanakwa." "Wawanakwa!" Everyone cheered before the dock collasped under everyone's feet. I jumped and landed on the part of the dock that wasn't destroyed.

I helped Bridgette out of the water and the brunette that was sitting next to her before dock collasped. "Okay guys. Dry off and meet me at the campfire pit in 10." Chris said and I walked off away from the docks and towards the area where the campfire pit was. As I was walking I kept wondering what possessed me to sign up for this show.

I just stood of to the side as everyone else arrived and Chris began to explain. "This is Camp Wawanakwa your home for the next eight weeks. The campers sitting around you will be your cabin mates, your competition, and maybe even your friends. Ya dig? The camper who manages to stay on Total Drama Island the longest without getting voted off will win $100,000!" Chris said and I looked around at all the other campers. I personally wasn't here on the show to win I was more on the show to make new friends.

"Excuse me. what will the sleeping arrangements be because I'd like to requst a bunk under her." the guy with the green mohawk said pointing to the girl with black hair, a brown shirt that stopped at her stomach, and short shorts. "They're not co-ed are they?" She asks and I honestly hope they're not. "No. Girls get one side of each cabin and dudes get the other." Chris answers "excuse me Kyle can I have a cabin with the lake view since I'm the prettiest?" A blonde girl with a blue bandana in er hair asks. "Okay you are. But that's noy really how it works here and it's Chris." The host answers "I have to live with Sadie or I'll die." "And I'll break out in hives.I't true." The girls who are dressed the same complain and I find that hard to believe but then again anythins possible. "This cannot be happening." I say to myself and I block out the conversations the campers are having with each other.

"Here's the deal we're going to split you into two teams. If I call your name out go stand over there." Chris explains before looking at his sheet of paper. "Gwen, Trent, Heather, Cody, Lindsey, Beth, Katie. Owen, Leshawna, Justin, and Noah. From this moment on you are offically known as the Screaming Gophers." Chris says tossing  them a green banner with a Gopher on it. "Yeah I'm a gopher whoohoo!" Owen cheers with a lot of enthusiasm. "Wait what about Sadie?" Katie asks looking worried.

"The rest of you over here." Chris says before beginning o say the rest of our names. "Geoff, Bridgette, DJ, Tyler, Sadie, Izzy, Courtney, Luna, Ezekiel, Duncan, Eva, and Harold. Move, move, move." Chris says. "But Katie's a Gopher! I have to be a Gopher!" Sadie explains and I walk up to both her and Courtney. "Sadie is it? Come on it'll be okay." Cortney says trying to consol our teammate. "Yeah everything will work out in the end you'll see." I say to Sadie trying to keep her positive. "This is so unfair I miss Katie!" Sadie exclaims as Courtney drags her away "I miss you to Sadie!" Katie exclaims as I stand beside my new teammates. Chris tosses us a red banner. "You guys will officially be known as the Killer Bass." Chris says as Harold unfolds our Banner revealing a creepy looking fish. "It's awesome. It's like amazing." Harold says making me feel a little creeped out.

"Alright campers. You and your team will be on camera in all public areas during this competition you will also be able to share your innermost thoughts on tape with video diaries anytime you want. Let the audience at home know what you're really thinking or just get something off your chest." Chris explains

//Okay I honestly don't really know what to say other than I feel extremely out of place but at least my team seems nice. Maybe I'll make new friends.//

"Alright any questions? Cool lets find your cabins." Chris says leading us to where the cabins are located. "Gophers you're in the east cabin Bass you're in the west." Chris says and we walk into our respected cabins.

I walk into the girls side of Bass cabin and I saw everyone already picked a bunk bed. I walk up to Courtney's bunk. "Is it alright if I bunk under you?" I ask quietly hoping she would here me. "Sure thing Luna." She answers smiling at me and I smile back and unpack my things.

After I was done I just stepped outside away from the other girls I was never social. "Where are the outlets I have to plug in my straightening iron?" Lindsey asked Chris as both she and Gwen stepped outside. "There are some in the communal bathrooms just across the way." Chris answered and I look across the clearing to see the bathroom and it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. "Communal bathrooms but I'm not catholic." Lindsey said making me realize that she was one of the blonde stereotypes. "Not communion. Communal." Chris clarified as Gwen sat down. "It means we shower together idiot." She said and I found that a bit harsh. That made Lindsey complain like it was the end of the world. Gwen covered her ears and Trent, Noah, and Owen took a peak outside wondering what was going on.

"I'm glad we're in our own cabin with just guys. You know what I mean. I mean no I didn't mean it like that. I love chicks. I just don't want to sleep near them... ugh I mean." Owen ran back into the cabin to explain what he really meant.

"Excuse me Chris is there a chaperone of any kind in this facility?" Geoff asks "you're all sixteen years old. As old as a counsellor in trainings in a regular summer camp. So other then myself you'll be unsupervised. You have a half hour to unpack and meet me back at the MainLlodge starting now." Chris says before walking away. "Nice." Geoff says and I have to wonder why. My thoughts were interrupted by an ear piercing scream.

We all went to the Gopher cabin to see what was wrong and it was Lindsey screaming over a cockroach. "Man that white girl can scream." LeShawna says sounding shocked at the ear piercing scream that Lindsey let out. I decided to not get involved and walked away towards the beach before going to the main lodge. I kept asking myself why I signed up for this because I'm not social and I'm trying to blend in not stand out.

We all were in the Main Lodge waiting in line to get some food. I was in the back of the line. "Listen up! I serve it three times a day and you'll eat it three times a day!" Chef yells giving off a military aura and something looked vaguely familiar about him. "Grab a tray, get your food, and sit your butts down now!" He orders and he was so loud even our trays shook. "Excuse me will we be getting all the major food groups?" Beth asks and Harold nods in agreement. "Yeah cuz I get hypoglycemic real bad if I don't get enough sugar." Harold explains taking his tray. "You'll get whole lot of shut the heck up!" Chef yells making Harold scurry off to a table. I guess the guy is touchy about people judging the meals he makes.

"Have a cow." Owen says to Noah. "What was that? Come closer fat boy I didn't hear you." Chef says plopping Owens food on his tray. "I didn't really say anything important." Owen responds sounding scared. "I'm sure you didn't. You scrawny kid. Give me your plate." Chef says plopping more food down but the slop went back onto the spoon.

Soon enough I was in front of Chef and I just stared him down as he put food on my plate. "I'm not trying to be mean but is this stuff even edible?" I ask quietly and innocently. "Yes now shut up and sit down!" Chef yelled and I quickly ran to my and sat beside Courtney. I didn't even bother touching my food though it smelled fine but there was something odd about it in a familiar way.

"Welcome to the Main Lodge." Chris said walking into the building. "Yo my man can we order a pizza?" Geoff asks and Chef throws a cleaver and it goes flying past Geoff's head into the wall. I'm both impressed and terrified. "Whoa it's cool G brown slop is cool right guys?" Geoff says as Chef points a chef's knife threateningly making us all nod agreeing with Geoff out of fear. "Your first challenge begins in one hour." Chris informs us before leaving the Main Lodge. "What do you think they'll make us do?" Katie asks looking up at DJ. "It's our first challenge how hard can it be?" DJ answers making me wonder if he just jinxed us all.

I was right DJ jinxed us. An hour later we were all in our swim suits standing on the top of the highest cliff on the island.