Chapter 75 - Tag Battles (Part 5)

Start from the beginning

"Maybe so, but that was only because your Rock Slide helped flinch it beforehand, which gave me a chance to finish it off," said Tierno.

"That's true. Either way, we managed to pull it off and win. That's what matters the most," said Trevor.

"Agreed," said Tierno.

Day 3 Match 3

"This will be an official 2 on 2 tag battle between the pairs Max & Bonnie VS Wyatt and Xander. All trainers are only allowed to use 1 Pokemon each with no substitutions and the battle will be over when all of either pair's Pokemon are unable to battle. Can both sides please send out their Pokemon?" requested the referee.

"Go Mightyena," said Max as the Bite Pokemon appeared on the battlefield.

"Florges, let's win this," said Bonnie as the Garden Pokemon was sent into the battlefield.

"Drifblim, let's go," said Wyatt as the Blimp Pokemon appeared from its PokeBall into the battlefield

"Dugtrio, go," said Xander as the Mole Pokemon appeared on the battlefield.

"Battle begin," said the referee.

"Dugtrio, use Stone Edge on Mightyena," ordered Xander as the Mole Pokemon slammed itself on the floor, causing several sharp stones to protrude from the surface of the ground and head towards Mightyena.

"Drifblim, use Shadow Ball on Florges," said Wyatt as the Blimp Pokemon fired a shadow ball towards the opposing Garden Pokemon.

"Destroy the stones with Iron Tail," said Max as Mightyena's tail glowed silvery-white and efficiently negated the opposing Stone Edge. "Now hit Dugtrio," said Max after the stones were eliminated, and the Bite Pokemon managed to score a direct hit on the Mole Pokemon and inflict damage.

"Use Light Screen," commanded Bonnie as Florges created a 3D yellow screen which surrounded Mightyena and itself, temporarily reducing the damage done by special attacks while taking some damage from Shadow Ball.

"Not bad," Xander thought to himself. "Use Aerial Ace on Florges," he said as Dugtrio jumped into the air and did a somersault then diving towards the Garden Pokemon.

"Use Thunderbolt on Mightyena," ordered Wyatt as the Blimp Pokemon fired a powerful bolt of electricity towards the Bite Pokemon.

"Dodge and use Crunch on Drifblim," said Max as Mightyena managed to evade the attack and land a hit on Drifblim after its fangs glowed white, causing heavy damage.

"Wait for it," Bonnie thought to herself as Dugtrio was about to get in close quarters with Florges. "Now use Energy Ball on Dugtrio," she said as the Garden Pokemon fired a green ball of energy at the Mole Pokemon, scoring a direct hit and inflict a lot of damage.

"Wow, Max and Bonnie are doing really well, so proud of them," said Ash.

May, who was on the other side of the spectating side from Ash and his loyal friends, just watched the battle with little interest, despite her younger brother being one of the battlers of the current match.

"Something on your mind May?" asked Misty.

"Oh nothing. My younger brother and Bonnie may appear to be winning this match at the moment, but believe me, if I ever end up facing against him in one of the later matches, I'll be sure to eliminate him as well as making him regret for turning his back against me," replied May in contempt.

"Don't worry, we have Guzma and the others on our side," said Drew.

"Yeah, Ash and his friends are still little kids after all," said Iris in a snide manner.