richie met up with eddie at the clubhouse. no one else was there. "hey, eds". eddie only nods, but then said,"follow me". richie nods, and began to walk. "derry on a winter night is beautiful, right?," richie asks. "i wouldn't know much," eddie replies,"i don't get out much". "oh, yeah". they walked a familiar road. "where are we going," richie asks.

"you'll see"

it was only a few more minutes until they arrived, feeling like hours to an anxious richie. "we're here," eddie said. richie took a good look around. they were at the kissing bridge. "w-why are we here?," richie asked. "okay,"eddie began with a sigh,"so, i was biking alone the road and i see a thing carved out and– i didn't know what it meant. i tried to figure it out but nothing came to mind. then it wasn't until bill's sleepover where things began making a lot more sense". richie's heart dropped. "what are you talking about".

"you brought your diary–"

"it's a journal"

"—journal, along with you. so i was going to put it somewhere safe because i was scared someone else would read it and that'd be wrong"

"uh-huh"

"so i put it on bill's shelf. it fell, but open, and before i knew it, i kind got a glimpse of the pages"

"wait, no"

  richie's heart was pounding "the carving began making more sense," eddie said,"r and e". "i'm sorry, eddie," richie broke down. eddie hugged him. "stop crying, i'm not done yet". richie wipes his tears away. eddie uses his inhaler, then holds his hands. "richie," he said,"i have my secret too". richie was confused,"what do you mean?".

"i needed a while to figure something out. i took you here so i could tell you"

"what is it?"

"i really really like you"

"oh"

"i think i love you, even"

"uh, why?"

"you're so beautiful and nice and funny but annoying. i just want to be with you all the time and i didn't understand it... until now"

  richie blushed. eddie checked the time on his watch. it was 11:59. "richie, it's almost twelve," he said. "we're headed into the new year". eddie nods, then there was silence. "there's a few seconds till twelve," eddie said,"mind if i kiss you?". richie was surprised. "uh, fuck," richie said. "just say yes or no, asshole!".

"i am trying to sort my words out, motherfucker!"

eddie's watch beeped. "fuck it," he said, pulling richie to him. eddie kissed him softly, richie gasped. he pulled away slowly. "eddie," richie said. "yeah?".

"you wanna make out?"

"richie, this an emotional moment for me and that's all the comes to mind, ugh, i–"

  richie gave him a look. eddie scoffed,"you know i was gonna say yes, just go to the bushes, moron". richie laughs, taking him to a darker area, around the sewers, behind some bushes.

  when they finished their little session, richie began banter. "a few months ago, a clown came and harassed us here, then we went to his house and harassed him back," he said. "i was afraid of dying," he said,"for the first time in my life, i thought i was going to die". he used his inhaler and then richie held his hand. "give me the inhaler," he said. "no, i need it," eddie said. richie snatched it from him. "i want to tell you this now," he said,"the world isn't completely evil. the world has some good".

"i'm just scared, richie"

"me too, but we can be scared together"

"what do you mean?"

"you're mine"

"oh"

"do you want to be?"

  eddie bit his lip, then smiled. "yes, i do," he said. "i'll always be there for you," richie pledged,"we're losers together and forever". eddie blushed. "we don't have to tell the others, right?". richie sighed.

"we will, just not now"

eddie nods, as they both lay down to look at the stars. richie holding eddie's hand. eddie peaked up, kissing the underside of richie's chin, richie kissing his head.