Chapter Sixteen

Jess explained that she wasn't meant for school and how you knew that already, after that you said you wanted to fall asleep now. While trying to fall asleep you kept thinking about how to be closer to your best friends and possibly to get her into a relationship. Maybe she should come live with you? Find a different place to rent out together? Eventually you fell asleep, only to be woken up five hours later. You could hear the cooking of breakfast food in the tiny kitchen-sink area and decided to get up. Realizing that John was already out of the bed, thank god he was gone or that could have been embarrassing. You flop down at the table and looked at Jess and smiled. "So, I was thinking about what we were talking about last night…" Jess raises her eyebrows and waited for me to continue,  "We should find a place to rent out together near my campus." Her eyes widen but then she thinks about it, nodding quickly, "I'd love to live with you, (Y/N)!" You two talk about living arrangements and ideas throughout breakfast. While talking about living room themes you two were interrupted by John, "Guys! I found a neat waterpark that's nearby and I think we should go today." Everyone nods slowly and then split up to get ready for the waterpark.

You put on a black swimsuit that you knew was secure enough for a waterpark, over top of it you threw on a random white tee shirt. You weren't feeling the whole shorts thing today so you said fuck it and decided to look half naked instead. When you walk out you notice that John had yet to put on his shirt and honestly you were swooning, you couldn't show that though so you started scrolling through your social media and ignoring everything around you. Jess came up next to you and hip bumped you, "Hey, soon-to-be roommate." You chuckle and look up. Jess was wearing a blue swimsuit that almost matched yours but instead of a shirt over everything all she wore were shorts. You look up to see John with his shirt on and Cameron going up to the driver's seat, you sat down on your normal spot and Jaren sits next to you for once. You never really get to talk to Jaren often but you still considered him a pretty close friend, you two talked about random shit the whole way to the park. "So, I was talking to John earlier." You made that classic confused face by allowing your eyebrows to join into one and slightly quirk your head to the side a bit. "Are you guys going to date or what?" Your eyes widened and you started to blush, "What?" He chuckles and repeats his question but slower. "Um, I don't know." You shrug and think about it, you wanted to date him and you thought he probably wanted to date you but you weren't sure. Jaren nods slowly, "Well you guys should start before the end of break." And with that the conversation died and conveniently Cameron pulled up to the waterpark.

Everyone rushes out of the RV and you all practically sprinted to the entrance. Everyone paid for themselves and immediately found a nice shaded sitting area, talking to Jess about what you two should do first. While trying to think of which slides to go on first, Eric comes up and immediately steals your best friend from you. You sigh, "Okay, rude." And while turning around John grabs your wrist and leads you to one of the biggest slides there were in the park. As you wait in line, which wasn't as long as you would have thought it would be, you chat about random things. "Did you tell Jaren about what happened last night?" John's eyes furrowed and he shook his head, "No, why?" You shrugged and sighed, "He was talking about how he thinks we should date." John shrugs and looks up at the remaining line of people, "Maybe he's right." You squint at him and think about what he said. It was quiet after that because you kept thinking about it, finally when you two had reached the top you had decided on how you felt about it all. John slid down first and after receiving the nod of approval from the lifeguard person you slid down too. You swam over to the ladder and got out, you didn't want to tell him yet but did continue to spend the rest of the waterpark day with him.

The two of you went on every slide probably twenty times each, you were both pretty worn out so you decided it was time for a snack. You both walked up to the snack booth thing, you were joking around and ordered your food and drinks. While eating and walking back to your shaded seats you noticed a group of girls sitting in the seats next to yours. You rolled your eyes, "Fuck me." John gives you a confused look and you nod towards the girls, his eyes widened once he noticed who they were. He looked back at you and all you did was shrug, "Fuck 'em." You walk over there with John following you, sitting down a few chairs away from them. Maddi looked over as you two sat down, you ignored it and started eating your snack. Then you heard some whispering and giggling for the hoe squad, you start talking with John about more random shit. You're interrupted by Maddi sitting next to John and instantly starts flirting with him, she was also touching him and it was really hard to watch. A smirk breaks out over your features, "Hey, John?" He looks over at you, "Did you also suddenly get this strong stench of fish?" Maddi gasps and John chuckles, "Yeah, I did actually. That's weird." Maddi glares at the both of you but instead of giving up on her advances, touching and whispering towards John. You roll your eyes and sigh, this was not only ridiculous but odd. Maddi would have left if any other dude said that, it was probably to get under your skin. You think and smirk once again, seeing Cameron walking over towards the chairs with Jaren trailing behind him. You text Cameron and tell him to act like you're dating or something, he looks at his phone and back at you. Cameron sits down next to you and wraps and arm around you, you even sat on his lap to try and make this more believable albeit awkward.

John, Jaren, and Maddi are confused and shortly after Maddi becomes pretty damn angry. It was pretty funny too. You start flirting with Cameron and talking about your "relationship" and soon enough Maddi gets up and angrily goes back to her gal pals and tells them that they're sitting somewhere else. As they walk away in shame you get off of Cameron's lap and chuckle, "Thanks dude." Jaren and John are still confused, "She was only flirting with you to get to me so Cameron acted as my boyfriend so she'd leave us the fuck alone." You shrug and John nods slowly. All four of you chill for a hot second and chat about some pointless nonsense, afterward you and John go to the lazy river. You both somehow land one of the double tubes, you sit in it together and are just being lazy in the river. "So I was thinking about earlier," John looks over to you and smiles, "What about earlier?" You chuckle nervously and think about what to say next. "Well, you said maybe we should." You wait for his response which was a simple nod, "And I thought about it." He nods slowly again. You nervously sigh and think if you should say what you want to say, this seems like a pretty bad idea. "What did you think about?" You sigh again and then take a deep breath, preparing yourself for what you were going to say next.

"And I think that maybe we, uh, we should?"