Chapter 20: Operation Die Hard II (Ishikawa Kirishima's POV)

Start from the beginning

They had gone through the plan multiple times within the week – going through repeatedly with all the leaders until the plan was impenetrable by all attendees. The thousand-strong members were eager to start a bloodshed after tolerating the turf war for months - to let lose all of their pent-up frustration to the enemy who dared mess with their group.

Kirishima took out his mobile device to speed dial a number and the call went through after the first dial tone.

"Yeah?"

Her voice always managed to calm him down. He wishes she spoke more often. "Have you gotten something to eat yet?" he asked.

There was a pause. "Yeah, we got pizza," she replied. She sounded confused. "Why are you calling me so suddenly?"

"Oh, nothing," he replied.

"Are you killing bad people?" she asked.

He laughed. "Not yet," he answered. "We're taking hostages."

She kept quiet. He wondered if she was against it but decided not to ask. It was a tough subject to talk about and he knew it would be difficult even for her. Despite her occupation, there are certain things that she might not be comfortable with and he knew that it was something she goes through every day of her working life.

"I'll be back late," he continued after a few seconds passed in silence. "You two enjoy yourselves alright? I have to go."

"Okay, see you later."

He let out a sigh as he pocketed the mobile device and after they were done with their hostage taking, they went to the HQ.

Minutes after that, Kirishima walked in the ancient traditional estate – passing by numerous staffers who bowed to his appearance. One of them led him to the grand hall where all of the Heads were supposedly gathered at.

They opened the sliding doors to reveal the scene – Kouma Head and the Sumiyoshi Head were seen seated on the tatami mats and exchanging sake as they laughed heartily over something. Behind them stood their bodyguards.

"Ah there's my grandson."

He entered the large hall, heading towards his Grandfather – eyeing the two enemy Group Heads on his right. The two men were half-conscious as they knelt on the tatami floor with their hands bound. Held up by their arms, blood was dripping out of their mouths and pooled onto the plastic sheet specifically placed there.

"How did you managed to find them, Grandfather?" he asked as he took his place behind the fearsome leader.

"I got an anonymous tip," he said as he sipped his sake, trying to be discreet but he did not succeed as he scrunched up his face in annoyance. "And an earful. Honestly, your girlfriend is more terrifying than you are."

"Eh?"

His grandfather turned around to face him. "Kirishima, are you sure this woman is the one for you?" he asked in all seriousness. "When are you going to introduce her to me?"

"What the hell are you talking about, old man?"

Ishikawa Naruhito hit his grandson on the head. "I can't believe you," he scolded. "I have wanted to end this charade this week but your girlfriend forced my hands earlier. I got the men to kidnap the two Heads and beat the shit out of them."

"I still don't understand how Amelia comes into the picture."

He sighed heavily. "She was the one who gave me the tip. She knew that both Sato and Gouda Group Heads are at the wharf while you thought they were at their hideouts. The men found them at the wharf," he explained and paused thoughtfully. "She will make a fine yakuza someday."