"Ok, that's enough." Tye grabbed me and pulled me towards the others. I didn't fight against it, keeping my mouth shut would probably be a good idea.

Nightwing acted as if I hadn't said anything and continued on his merry hero way. "Let's get aboard and get out of here. We can discuss this further when we are not behind enemy lines." He and Bumblebee made their way up the ramp of the ship but stopped when they saw we didn't follow.

"Sounds like there's nothing left to discuss."

"See, we don't need your help getting back to earth, or your offer to join the team. We have our own way of doing things."

"So we have no necessity for your help... of any kind."

"What do you say, bro, want to ride with us?"

"Sounds like a plan." 'New runaway. Cool.'

Before anyone had anything else to add, Sam grabbed the fatherbox from her pocket.

"Wait! Is that a-"

"Home please." Nightwing's phrase was cut short as a boom tube appeared beneath our feet, and we all fell through it. This would be a painful landing, our apartment floor wasn't exactly what you'd call comfortable since boxes of pizza, soda cans, Chinese food, empty smoothies, and dictionaries littered the place.

We landed on the same spot that we had originally been standing in when Luthor told us the details of his little mission. Ironically, he was still on the computer screen when we got there. Creepy little gremlin.

"So am I right in thinking congratulations are in order?" I did so not miss that voice.

"Luthor!" Arsenal was the first to his feet as he stared straight at the bad idiot on the screen.

"Ah, you brought home a souvenir."

"Lex Luthor's got you running his errands on the Warworld?!" We got onto our feet and looked at him. "This guy's the reason I'm missing eight years of my life and my arm! Don't you get it? He didn't care if you rescued the team! He was using you!"

"You gotta be kidding... I knew I didn't like him."

"... As a distraction to lure Black Beetle away from the crystal key so that one of his other pawns could steal it!"

"Deathstroke is more of a bishop actually."

"Your opinion isn't needed!"

"I'm not sure I understand the problem, you rescued the heroes and dealt a blow to the Reach. Isn't that exactly what I promised you?"

"Just cause you promised something doesn't mean that was your main intention."

We looked at Sam as she grabbed the fatherbox once more and threw it on the computer. As soon as it landed Asami used her Chi Manipulation to blow up both objects.

"No more promises." As much as this felt like a good thing it also felt weird... what were we going to do now?

"So what do we do now?"

"We take our stuff and find somewhere else to live."

And so we did, we grabbed all the possessions we actually cared about even just a bit. We grabbed our dictionaries, skateboards and the money Luthor had given us. Yeah, we still had some, we didn't use it all... we're not that out of control.

We didn't clean the apartment or even try to tidy it just a bit, we needed to leave before Luthor had the bright idea to send one of his goons to get us. We still didn't know where we were headed, but Arsenal said that he might have someone who can help.

____________________________________________________________________

​"Damn, teens make incredible decisions."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, they ain't with Luthor anymore, that's for sure. They got a new little group member too."

"Who?"

"The Arsenal kid." The female sighed.

"Not surprising... where are they going?"

"No idea. I'm not being able to see it since the kid still isn't sure if his decision is the right one... but they'll probably be with Green."

"He won't tell the team. He wouldn't do anything that could harm Arsenal in any way." The other female shrugged.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Next Chapter Preview:

"So kid, how's it going?"

"Mariana?! How did you-"

"I got friends in low places."

"I'm not even sure I want to know."