"What does your mind think about going on a date with me on Saturday?" Smooth. He praised himself internally. "You pick the place."

"You're gonna regret that!" She teased.

Zenitsu teased back, "not a chance kitten."

"Just wait and see."

•••

"I told you. You're gonna regret this." Nezuko eased herself up onto the large brown steed. The horse didn't move a muscle, Nezuko is nothing compared to some people that the horse has carried. "Get on your horse Zenitsu!" She gripped the reins, making the horse trot over to Zenitsu.

Zenitsu was nervous emo doubt. He'd never ridden or even been this close to a horse. "N-no way!" He stated nervously. Just get on the horse and go. He told himself. Zenitsu got onto the white mare. She took a few steps to keep her balance. "Wah!" Zenitsu screeched, startling the horse below him.

"Shh. Don't yell, you'll scare her." Nezuko laughed at his attempt to get on. "Isn't that right beautiful." She cooed at the white horse, calming her down. "Now grab the reins, hold them loosely. You'll use them to guide the horse where you would like them to go."

Zenitsu attempted to do as Nezuko told, but was greeted with a low neigh from the white horse. "I don't think I can do this. She doesn't like me." That's a first, a girl not liking him.

"Here." Nezuko got off the brown horse, making her way over to Zenistu. "Shhh, it's okay pretty girl." She whispered at Zenitsu's horse. "Get off and ride with me." She demanded.

"No way! I want to ride myself." Zenitsu was obviously embarrassed that he couldn't properly control the horse.

Nezuko chuckled, "you'll just get hurt. Come on, I'll teach you. You'll ride yourself in no time!" She reassured him while offering her hand to get him down.

Soon enough Zenitsu mounted on Nezuko's horse, blushing a crimson pink from embarrassment. Finally someone to knock him off his feet, he liked the feeling but it was unfamiliar to him. He's always the one who knows things, Nezuko has turned his world upside down.

Nezuko took her place in front of Zenistu, gripping the reins. "Ready scaredy cat?" She leaned back on Zenitsu to assure that she was in fact talking to him.

"Whatever." He replied quietly.

"Hold on here." Nezuko patted her waistline. "If you don't do it, you'll fall Zenitsu!" She nudged the horse as soon as she felt Zenitsu's broad hands gripping around her. Good thing she was in front, he can't see her blushing cheeks.

They started out walking slowly, which progressed into running after they were comfortable. The local ranch had a large piece of land near the mountains.

"That wasn't so bad, hm?" Nezuko tied their horse up to a post near the lake.

Zenitsu had the time of his life, not that he'd admit it. Nezuko being better at something hurt his pride slightly. "It was nice." He smiled before looking out at the lake. The setting sun reflected off the pale water. "It's beautiful out here."

"Yeah. I used to come here with my brother often when we were kids. Now we just don't have the time." Nezuko sat near the edge of the lake, patting the ground for Zenitsu to come close.

The blonde sat as close as their bodies would let them. "Thank you for today. I really did enjoy myself." He placed an arm around Nezuko, pulling her in to lean on him.

"I'm glad." She honestly thought that it could've gone worse. A preppy boy going horseback riding? She looked out at the lake, seeing little ducks swimming happily together.

"Would it be cheesy if we shared our first kiss here?" Zenitsu looked down into her beaming pink eyes.

"Not at all." She replied.

Zenitsu cupped her porcelain face, pressing their pink lips together. Warmth, thats a feeling that he wants for a lifetime.

They both opened their eyes while parting slowly. You'd think it would be part of a movie scene.

•••