Chapter Twenty-Three

Draco rolled to his back and stretched his arms above his head, rolling the stiffness out of his shoulders. He turned his head though and watched Harry as he slept. He had been shocked when Harry had offered to stay with him, but not so shocked he didn't immediately agree. He was kicking himself for not asking the same question sooner.

He slowly turned on his side and very softly stoked the hair from his forehead. Harry's eyelids began twitching and one of them popped open. Draco grinned at him and Harry's other eye opened. He lifted his head and looked around, blinking against the light.

"How early is it?"

"Six, I think?"

"Draco, you need your sleep. It's too early to be up." He stretched his arm and put it around his shoulders and he rolled over into Harry's chest.

"You need your sleep too. But don't you also need to be getting to work?"

"Don't remind me. I'd much rather be here and doing this all day." Draco laughed and stroked his fingers along Harry's arm that was across his chest. He sighed deeply and he felt it through his own chest.

"How did you sleep?"

"I slept very well. And I'm pretty sure you've ruined me for ever sleeping on my own again." Harry almost whispered the last part, but Draco heard it. He turned over so that their chests were together and he rested his chin on his breastbone, just above Harry's heart.

"I'd be okay with that. I know we haven't been together for years or anything but maybe we could try out the whole 'roommate' thing? If you'd be up for it, that is."

"Oh, I'd be up for it." Harry trailed his finger along his back and then along his shoulder to his face. With his other hand, he reached for his glasses, stuck them on his nose and then pulled his chin up. He got up on his elbows and slowly crawled upwards to meet his lips to Harry's.

Harry wrapped his arms around his waist and pulled him up closer and Draco's hands snaked around the back of his neck. As they kissed, Harry grabbed the blankets and pulled them up over the both of them and Draco laughed against his mouth.

"I've got to get to the Ministry," he mumbled as Harry kissed him again and held on to his bottom lip. He sucked in sharply and Harry let go with a sly grin.

"Is it an important meeting?"

"Yes. I've got to see Kingsley about finding Rabastan. Jason is going to be meeting up there as well as we try to figure out the floor plans for the expansion on my wing. We're going to start with an office for Blaise and Neville and their potions."

"That's a good idea. But, we'll come back to this later. You are right, we do need to get up and get ready."

"No, dear, you have to get up and get ready. I don't have to be in Kingsley's office till ten. So, I'm going to lay here and watch while you get dressed."

"Ok, well, you watch me now, I'll watch you later," Harry said with a wink and Draco laughed again.

"Ooh, Mr. Potter, what a scoundrel you are." Harry laughed loudly and Draco rolled off and sat up and Harry got out of bed and stretched. His clothes were folded on the stool in the closet and Draco blushed as he watched him bend to pick them up and fluff them out. He pulled the blanket up over his cheeks to hide the blush.

"Do you want me to go out and grab some breakfast before we have to go?" Harry asked as he pulled his shirt on over his head. Draco smiled and shrugged.

"You don't have to do that. I can eat at lunch."

"You don't need to wait for lunch, and I'm hungry."