Cross My Heart chapter one

*~*~*~*~*~*~Prologue*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Seven year old Rachelle Morelle crossed her arms in front of her chest with a petulant pout on her coral coloured lips. This is sooooo unfair, she thought to herself. Nathan Jacobson, her best friend, had taken the last oreo cookie from the pack that they brought to the beach. Their small fingers were covered with sand and salty water. Nathan smiled proudly as he licked the icing greedily off the cookie and propped it into his mouth, enjoying how the icing was melting on his tongue.

"You are the greediest person on the planet!" Rachelle screeched at Nate, trying to hind her laughter. No one can ever stay mad at Nate, not even the sternest person on earth. Just by looking into his deep, sea blue eyes and you're hooked, for life. Just like Rachelle. 

Nathan Jacobson has been Rachelle's best friend ever since she can remember. Ever since Nate helped her build her first sand-castle when she was a tiny, tiny little girl in diapers. Their families were close, very close. In fact, the Morelles and the Jacobsons spend each and every holiday together, and both of their mothers love a find excuses to buy presents. On the other hand, Nathan's father was in real estate and Rachelle's father's oil business was all that he can ever talk about. Both their fathers were busy, so they kept each other company. They we were pretty good at it. 

Nate didn't answer her, just kept on chewing on his cookie. He licked his lips and grinned lazily at Rachelle. Who looked as if she wanted to go pee, real bad. 

They both looked at each other for a moment and bursted out laughing.

Nate suddenly stopped laughing and started to stare at Rachelle's lips, in amazement. He has never seen anything like it before. How perfectly pink and soft they were. He hesitated but then leaned in, and pressed his lips to hers. 

Behind them, twilight was arriving and the sun was slowly, edging down below the horizon. The hot and humid august air brushed them and the sky turned into a vibrant, delicious colour. The colour of cotton candy. 

Rachelle's body turned into butter, nearly melting into Nate's. She could feel his body heat radiating. His lips were soft and careful, as if she was a fragile bird that he has rescued. 

When they pulled back, the laughter started again...

Months Later... 

Rachelle bounced from the large, suede sofa in the living room and scratched her neck. The birthday dress her mother was making her wear was hideous, and really, really itchy. She didn't want to wait for her guests to arrive, all she wanted was to eat a piece of that four layered cake her mother kept locked in the kitchen with all the food. She also wanted to share her piece with her best friend, Nate.

Rachelle ran across the living room, hoping her mother or sister wouldn't catch her sneaking outside to meet Nate. Her sister, Christy, was in her room and sobbing painfully apparently because Rachelle has "stole the spotlight" from her once again. Rachelle didn't care, she rarely did. 

She haven't heard from Nate in almost three days now. Her mother didn't let her outside, knowing that the first thing she'll do is run to the Jacobson's house and knock on their door. So her mothe kept her locked inside the house, trying to satisfy her seven year old daughter with candy and barbies, but Rachelle was like a person sitting on an ant hill, jumping and screaming. She can't last a say without her best friend. She ran across her family's exquisitely designed front garden and raced towards her friend's house. The wind tangled her already messy chesnut waves as she ran. But something made her stop on her track when she reached the Jacobson's house. 

It was empty. No scooters or soccer balls lying on the lawn. No Nate, jumping on his pogo-stick and eating a popsicle at the same time. His mother wasn't having friends over and the house seemed well, empty. Because it was.

She banged on the door, but their was no answer. She yelled Nathan's name, but silence greeted her. Rachelle was getting really angry now. She stomped her foot and tried again. No luck. She didn't stop, until her mother came running towards her and scooped her up in her  skinny arms.

"Mommy! Nate's not home! He's not answering! But he's always home!"She yelled at the top of her lungs, causing her mother to wince painfully. Screaming wasn't exactly music to her mother's pinna. 

"Rachelle, sweetie. I told you not to come! Come on! let's go home."Her mother patted her daughter's hair and talked in a soothing tone. 

Rcahelle squirmed and tried to break free, she was too small. 

"No! I want to see Nate!"She screamed in her mother's face.

Her mother shook her head and bit her bright red lips."I'm sorry honey, but Nate's gone."

Rachelle thought her mother was kidding.

"Mommy!It's not funny! He's not gone! He promised to go swimming with me!"Rachelle retorted, angry tears swelling in her eyes. 

"Ssh, sweetie. They moved away."Her mother looked at her daughter, who was now staring at her with wide eyes and disbelief. A second later, the tears came. Rachelle couldn't believe it. She thought that he was her best friend and that they shared everything. But he didn't even tell her that his family was moving away?She couldn't imagine life without him! How can he just live like that? A million emotions erupted inside Rachelle, but she kept on crying. 

"It's okay, honey. It's okay..."Her mother ran her manicured hands in her daughter's hair and whispered soothing words into Rachelle's ears.

"I'm never going to see him again!"She sobbed into her mother's brand-new Christine Dior sweater. 

******* Ten years later *********

Rachelle:

I sat patiently in my chair during AP biology and tapped my fingers on my desk, counting down the minutes until the bell would ring. And I would be free. 

Tick tock, tick tock... Come on! I thought to myself and watched the clock striked and before I even realized it,everyone was getting out of their seats. 

Oh, we're leaving now. I got out of my chair and grabbed my messenger bag from the ground and wrestled my binder into it, while hurrying out the door at the same time. I wanted to get home, because that I needed my caffine fix before I gets home to my family... 

Author's Note: 

Hey guys! This is a new story and the idea popped into my head during science class two weeks ago, and now I've written it down! Whoo! I hope this one's better than Forever&Always(if u don't know, it's another one of my stories). Hehe, I really hope Nate in this story doesn't seem extremely like Drake in Forever&Always... If you liked Forever and Always, I suggest you keep on reading! I want to make Rachelle a little different from Alina(in forever and always) and I hope she doesn't seem too whiny. Oh god, I'm babbling. Thanks for reading! Please comment! I love comments and PEACE to you all!