In my Time of Dying

Start from the beginning

He just sat there painfully breathing before he noticed something shiny close by.

He flipped over, wincing as he landed on his chest. He made his way to the shiny object. Hoping it was some sort of radio or maybe a phone that wasnt completely fucked.

But as he got closer he realized it wasn't anything like that.

"A mirror?"

He looked into the cracked glass and picked it up. He inches his way backwards to a wall that jut out of the pad.

He examined the old-fashioned device. It was made of metal that was elegantly designed. But the interesting part was that there was a cracked blue gemstone on the back.

"Wonder what you might be worth it I got out of here." He chuckled to himself. "Blue and teardrop shaped. I'm guessing from the structure and color your a Lapis Lazuli. Why am I taking to myself, no one but me is even alive out here."

Will turned the mirror over to see his face. His long hair was a complete mess. His glasses were cracked in several places, and there was blood streaming down his face. "Don't I just look like a pretty fucking princess." He caughed as he laughed to himself.

"No one... alive?" He heard a voice.

"Now I know I'm going crazy, hearing fucking voices."

"No...crazy." he looked down. The voice was coming from the mirror.

"Are you doing that." He asked.

"Here." It said.

"Can you only say what you've heard?"

"I...talk." it said.

"I'll take that as a yes."

"Yes." It said.

"Huh, so you got yes and no down, then how bout some questions for the dying man.

"Dying?" It asked.

"Well if I don't get help soon then yeah. I'm probably going to bleed out soon if rescue doesn't come."

"Bleed out?"

"Yeah the blood in my body is leaving out of the stumps of my former limbs."

"Why...no.... limb?"

"Because they were trapped and I had to cut them off to get free. The belts currently tied around them is only slowing the bloodloss."

"Are you sentient." He asked

"Yes."

"Huh, what have you been doing here sitting around."

"Sitting around."

"Seems pretty boring." He smiled.

"Pretty boring."

"Your pretty funny for a mirror *caugh*."

"Your pretty funny for a mirror."

"I'm not a mirror. But the question is what are you. Are you human?"

"No."

"What are you then?"

"Gem."

"Your the gemstone?"

"Yes."

"As in an actual gemstone is you."

"Yes."

"Huh, that's a new one." He said.

His vision was getting fuzzy as the pool of blood slowly got bigger.