Down with the bloody red queen pt.1

After a long walk or more a run to not get caught, I got closer to Tarrant's chair by behind discreetly to surprise him, it's actually been few days we didn't see each other. Today was his birthday so I escape from my mother's , the red queen castle where I felt like a prisoner and the white castle friends mostly Tarrant known as the mad hatter were my only reasons to keep joy. I covered his eyes gently "guess who~" I chanted cutely. "Hum queen Mirana?" he asked playing around causing the hare, Mally and chess to laugh. "no try again" I said giggling, he hummed acting like if he really didn't know "the red queen?" he said with a cute Scottish accent, I sighed acting bored "not on one bit come on cupcake a little effort you'll find" I chanted. "Ah I know the only one who calls me this name, Eleanor!!" he exclaimed and quickly took me in a warm embrace. I hugged him back tight "I missed you sweet cupcake" I said inhaling his sweet tea scent, "and so did I dear" he said as we broke the hug. I waved at the others and sat down next to the hatter as he gave me a cup of red fruit tea since it was my favorite. "Thank you Tarrant" I smiled dearly letting out my dimples and took a sip of my tea, "Eleanor, you're terribly late you know, naughty" said the hatter joking making me giggle cutely "I know and I couldn't come earlier because I heard it was someone's birthday today and I had to make a gift using my hands so that justifies my late" I said getting a small thin brown cloth gently secured by a white silk ribbon tending it to him. He gently took it from my hand, he unsecured the ribbon carefully and the cloth slowly fell on his hand revealing a blue silver thimble. The hatter gasped in joy "It's beautiful, you did this with your tiny hands?" he asked in shock, I nodded "sure I did, I know that when you're sewing you get your index stung a lot so if you wear this you won't get stung" I said smiling then tapped the tip of his nose cutely as if he was a child, I do that a lot to him just to play around. He let out a cute laugh and clapped his hands "it's so ingenious beautiful but how do I wear it?" he asked curiously looking at the thimble, I giggled and took out his large hand and gently put the thimble on his index which got him blushing I don't know why. He looked at his hand approving fiercely. "Oh no we're out of flowers and fruits for the tea! Come on the hare and chess let's get some!" said Mally excitedly, they all chanted and went in the direction of the forest leaving Tarrant and I alone. "What was the excuse this time to escape from the castle?" asked Tarrant curiously resting his head on his hands, I scratched the back of my hair causing my long, curly and bright purple hair to scrub against my brown laced corset, "none, I just ran out after a stupid argument about my style and personality, she said I was mad and dressed like a fool and she couldn't stand to have a girl like me as a daughter by her side at the throne" I said on a sad tone looking down on my china tea cup and playing with my fingers. I heard the hatter inhale heavily letting out a small high pitched grunt, which got me looking at him, his green eyes became yellow and his bright smile faded, he was angry. "Did she said those horrible, disgusting, revolting, horrific, dull, upsetting, exasperating ..." Tarrant said rapidly and bluntly, losing his mind, "hatter!" I cut him putting my tiny hands on his to bring back to his senses. "I'm fine" he said with a broken voice, his eyes instantly came back from yellow bright green and a smile formed little by little causing cute dimples to dig on his cheeks. He took my hand in his caressing the back with his thumb, "It's all right you are safe here no one will judge you here, you are perfect the way you are don't listen to her, if you want you can leave in my house "he said happily, which made me smile at the idea to be with my friends all the time and not being judge about my eccentric personality or my way to dress. "Over here, get her and get the hatter too, keep them apart from each other! Come on cards!" we heard the valet shout at the cards. We stood up and the hatter placed himself in front of me in a protective way as the cards gathered around us. "Well, well, well, look at that the princess having lovey-dovey chats with the craziest person on this land, when your mother will know that she will be furious and the only sentence you'll hear resonate on the court will be as enchanting as 'off with their heads', exiting isn't it?" the valet said smirking, making a move with his head at the cards to bound our hands. "The hatter did nothing he is innocent, please release him I came here by my own will, I'm the one to blame" I said trying to move out from the cards tight grip around my arms. "Oh can't you see how cute that is the princess is defending her companion, what if your mother cut your head off will you still defend him?" he said on a mocking tone which caused the hatter and I to look in each other's eyes and laugh hysterically, "they're completely mad let's go, or the queen will be angry" said the valet annoyed, and with that we started our journey to my mother's castle unaware about what's waiting for us at our arrival.