⮑ marvelous marriage

COUNT OLAF WOKE THE CHILDREN UP VERY EARLY THE NEXT MORNING

COUNT OLAF WOKE THE CHILDREN UP VERY EARLY THE NEXT MORNING. He had made them get an early start on the chores as punishment due to the night before. They had already finished cleaning the kitchen, bathrooms, and the ballroom by nine o'clock. All of them were exhausted, especially the Baudelaire's since they were used to this kind of work before. None of them could wait until Count Olaf turned his back and they got a break.

Currently, they were in the backyard chopping wood while Count Olaf yelled at them, "Put some elbow grease into it."

"Mr. Poe must have made a horrible mistake when he took us here," Violet sighed. "There's no way our parents would want us in Count Olaf's care if we can even call it that."

"As soon as Count Olaf's back is turned, we need to leave this house," Klaus said.

"Good luck with that. He'll catch you. Every time I've tried to run away, he stopped me," Natalia scoffed. She hated Count Olaf. He was an evil man that she had been forced to live with.

Klaus shot her a worried look, "Well, I'd rather take my chances on the streets than stay here any longer."

"Who knows what would happen to us on the streets? At least here we have a roof over our head," Violet argued.

"I wish our parent's money could be used now, instead of when you come of age. Then we could buy a castle and live in it with armed guards patrolling outside to keep out Count Olaf and his troupe." Klaus looked at the redhead, who held a sad expression as she chopped wood. "And we could bring Natalia with us."

Natalia smiled at the thought of living with the Baudelaires instead of Count Olaf. It would be a dream compared to now. But she knew that there was no way to get out of this house without him noticing. She had tried before.

"We could have a large inventing studio," Violet spoke.

"And a library," Klaus added.

Sunny began to gurgle, which translated to 'And chewable objects.'

"Hurry up, orphans. There's reupholstering to be done," Count Olaf shouted causing the children to get back to work.

"Justice Strauss said her home was always open to us," Violet told her brother.

"She said her legal library was always open to us," Klaus corrected. "It's not the same thing."

"Didn't Mr. Poe say you could contact him if you had any questions?" Natalia asked.

Klaus replied, "We don't really have a question. We have a complaint."

The bald henchman came outside with some more coffee for Count Olaf, "Can I warm that up for you? And also give you some very bad news?"

"What is it?" The children stopped talking as they listened intently to their conversation.

"It's that secretary-"