1. Can't Do This

Before he set off to Haydyn's house, Julio texted her.

'Hey, you awake?' 

'Yeah :)' 

'K. Can I come over?'

'Sure!'

'See you in a few then' 

He took a few deep breaths and started his car "This isn't gonna be fun." He said to himself, and as he drove, Julio's mind was racing, going over all the possible ways in which, what he was about to do, could go down.

'You okay?' Devon texted him as he pulled up to Haydyn's house

'Not sure, I'll let you know :/'

'Awww well good luck again ♥'

'Thanks bae, might need it' 

'Yeah...'

'gtg ttyl :)' Julio texted back before he got out of his car and walked up to Haydyn's door. He knocked hesitantly, his heart pounding like crazy with nerves, as he did, he was never good with break ups and  he feared that this time wasn't going to be any different 

"Hey! How are you?" Haydyn asked as she opened the door and hugged Julio lightly

"I'm fine, you?" Julio asked, trying to be as calm as possible

"I'm great! Let's go to my room where it's not so noisy, yeah?" Haydyn suggested; to which Julio just nodded, words getting trapped in his throat. The pair walked silently to her room and once the door was closed, Julio sat on the computer chair across from her bed while she sat on her bed, now confused as to why he was keeping his distance from her. "Babe?, you okay?" She asked concerned

"Yeah, no, maybe, I don't know."

"Why, what's wrong?" Haydyn asked, reaching for Julio hand but Julio moved his hand away when she did. "Julio? What's going on??" She asked, very confused.

"Haydyn..." Julio began to say, having to pause to breathe because he felt like he might throw up from nerves. "I...I can't be with you anymore..." Julio said quickly, like ripping off a band-aid. 

"...Why?" Was all Haydyn could think to say

"I like you a lot but I realised that I also really like Devon like really really like him and I know it's unfair to you but I have to see if what I feel for him could be anything and I can't do that if I'm with you I'm so sorry" Julio said in one breath, inhaling deeply when he was finished. Haydyn sat quietly for a minute, processing everything she'd just been told.

"That's a lot of information to get in thirty seconds" She said laughing lightly, quoting her favourite show. "If it's what makes you happy though, I understand" She assured him. Julio sighed; relieved that she took it so well.

"Really, just like that?" He asked wanting to confirm.

"Yeah, honestly, I always figured there was something between you two, I just never said anything about it 'cause I figured that's your stuff to figure out" She admitted, shrugging.

"Huh. You never fail to amaze me" Julio told her "Thank you for understanding"

"Like I said...as cheesy as it sounds, if you're happy I'm happy; and if Devon's what makes you happy, I have no right to get in the way of that just because I like you too" 

"If only everyone saw it like that"

"I know, it'd be a lot easier..." She agreed "Now would you go talk to Devon already!? I promise I'm okay with it" She insisted, practically pushing him out the door.

"Alright alright!" Julio said laughing.

"Let me know how it goes okay?"

"Are you being serious right now?"

"Yes; you may not be my boyfriend anymore but you're still one of my closest friends, plus, I kinda ship you two anyway" She admitted

"Wait...seriously!?"

"Mhmm, now will you stop blabbering and go get him already!? Jeez!" She teased laughing

"Right, okay, I'm going" Julio insisted as he walked back through the house

"Have fun!" She called as he walked out the door. Once Julio was back in his car, he shook his head laughing to himself, still in disbelief over how easy that was.

'Hey meet me at Santa Monica?' Julio texted Devon then he started his car.

'Suree see you soon bae :)' Devon texted back and with that they both set off to meet up.

-----------------------------------

So this was a shorter one but I just needed to put the break-up somewhere and it's a filler so it's not likely to be very long; but I'm starting on the next chapter now and hopefully that is much longer since it's back to the main plot.

Also I should note that yes, I did make Haydyn supportive, it didn't feel right to make her mean; she will not be featured in this fanfic very often, but on occasion she will be, just letting you know now (her presence will not impact the main plot at all)

The next chapter should be up in a couple of days, sorry in advance if it's not.