He was starting to worry that Johnsey might have hit his head on the way. Then again, he didn't mind this, maybe it knocked more sense in him.

"Ooooh" Johnsey sang in a sigh as he kicked lightly at the dirt, thumbs hooked into his belt. "Nothing...not really just- Curious. I heard from Luella that  it was s'posed to be a peaceful place...that don't  seem to bad right about now." Johnsey muttered.

Robert E. shook his head "Cap wouldn't let you go with Nancy." He said. Johnsey frowned and narrowed his eyes, his gaze towards the dirt.

"She just needs for folk to give her a chance is all." He grummbled.

"We did." Robert E. snickered.

"Cap says Cotton likes the place, he said they didn't get a real good look'round. But that it's  a great big place, it has lots of gardens, crop fields and orchards. That the pathway up to it is lined with great big trees. Says it's somewhere around a small town called Clarence. " Robert E said.

Johnsey nodded, "I might...spend a few days up here just to watch over things since Cap ain't here." He said.

Robert E's eyes grew wide. "You sure you ain't sick or dyin'" he gasped. Johnsey glared "ha, very funny." He grumbled.

"Come on, then if you're  coming with me. I'm already late." Robert E said heading towards the hitching post.

From within the Hatfield home Sarah watched a round old man with her arms crossed. "You know it ain't  nice to evesdrop uncle Jim." She said, her voice mimicking her mother's tone when she herself got into trouble.

"Well, who ever told you I was nice, little missy." He said with a chuckle slowly straightening up. "Nobody. Jus' figured it's time you start to try. God don' like ugly, is what momma says. And you're old uncle Jim." Sarah said with a shrug as she left to fetch herself some water.

"He ain't too fond of cute neither." Jim grumbled. Once he could no longer hear the two boys he stepped outside a pleased smirk on his face.

_______________________________

"I'm telling you, we got a witness says she saw the boy steal the boat piece." Said the deputy, looking up at Cap and Jon from his desk.

Cap's gaze was dry and his eyes shimmered with annoyance. "I assure you sir, these boys are golden examples of today's young ones. They have been brought up right - you have in fact made a mistake." Jon tried to reason.

"We ain't did  nothing ca-"

Cap's heart raced a bit as he cleared his throat to hush Cotton "quiet now, let us talk to the man. It's gon' be ok." Cap said quickly but calmly.

"Alright..." Cotton sighed backing away from the bars. Huck leaned over and whispered "I don't  think he wants the deputy to know his name."

"Oh" Cotton gasped and gave a quiet nod.

"Look, Jon. We know you try your best with Daisy's boy. But we got evidence that says he stole from the store."

As Jon listened to the deputy talk Cap could tell he was losing his patience. "Well, you keep saying so but you ain't showed us nothin." Cap said crossing his arms.

Tilting his head slightly he sized the deputy up. "I wouldn't  give a lone pissed on penny for your word. So show us what the boys stole." Cap added.

"And just who are you?" The Deputy  asked through narrowed eyes. "Have I seen you before?" He asked.

Cap chuckled "I'm that other  boys gaurdian...an' a friend of Jon's. And I don't  know you mister and I don't  care to know you." Cap said, his voice got quieter as he took some steps close to the desk.