They studied me for a minute before Lance said, “Damn it, I was ready to give you a snide remark but can’t. You look gorgeous Lylah.”

Leroy grunted an agreement, seeming to be waging a war within himself before finally scooping me up into a bear hug that squeezed the breath from my lungs. He released me only to have me receive similar treatment from Lance.

“Can’t breathe…” I choked out and Leroy helped pry lance off me so I could catch my breath. Once my head wasn’t so light headed anymore I studied my brothers closely, “What’s wrong guys? Why do you seem so sad? Aren’t you happy for me?”

Leroy was the first to reassure me, “Of course we are Ly, it’s just…”

They were silent for a moment before Lance picked up where Leroy left off, “You aren’t ours to protect anymore. You have Caleb now and you won’t need us.”

I held the tears back when my dad handed me my mother’s hair clip, fought them off while getting ready with the girls, and again just a few minutes ago; but seeing the somber expressions on my brothers faces did me in. I wrapped my arms around them both as best I could, they were big strapping guys, and said, “I’ll always need you two. Caleb may be my husband, and of course he’ll take care of and protect me, but he’ll never take the place of my brothers. No one will ever be able to do that.”

They hugged me back and I felt the tension in their shoulders relax. I stepped back as Leroy handed me a tissue he pulled from his pocket. I raised a brow in surprise to which he replied, “I had to be prepared for softy over here. He almost cried while looking at the bride and groom on your wedding cake when it was delivered,” he joked nodding toward Lance.

“Bull, you’re the one who got choked up when we were helping Leah get pictures together for the slide show and saw the pic of us as two year olds playing in the sand.” Lance was quick to defend.

Leroy scoffed, “That was because of the dust covering the albums.”

“Bull-shit!” Lance coughed into his hand.

I dabbed at my tears and laughed, “You two are going to be the best uncles ever.”

That shocked them silent until Leroy stated with a frown, “I’m going to kill Caleb. He knocked you up already?”

Had it been anybody else, I would’ve taken offense, but this was Leroy and I knew it was just a matter of my virtue that he was worrying about. Even though he should know by now I was far from innocent. I quickly assured them, “Not yet, but hopefully soon. Maybe your little niece or nephew could be created tonight.”

There were identical groans, “Spare us the details. I’m just going to imagine you spending your honey moon playing checkers,” Lance said defiantly.

I couldn’t help but tease, “Strip checkers.”

I laughed as they backed up in a hurry to get away from me and the visuals I was giving them. They stopped at the elevator that would take them back to the grooms suite and shouted, “Congratulations little sis!”