Breakfast is fun, not without you though.

Johns POV
I left in a hurry, not looking back. It was a close one, too close for my liking. The thought of me and Alex being caught terrified me. I love him so much, I couldn't bare to lose him. If we went down, we would go down together.

I headed down to get breakfast, I shouldn't have left Alex now that I think about it. Oh well, I guess I gotta keep up this act until he apologises. Wait, why should he apologise- oh god it was my fault the whole time.

I put those thoughts to rest and just waited in line to get my rations. I looked down at my dirty ass boots, trying to get my mind of those thoughts. The ones that make you ask yourself why do you exist. I know multiple have told me not to think about it, but it's hard. It won't go away; I want it to but I won't. I finally smelt the delicious scent of whatever was being served. I grabbed my place and the cutlery and waited for the food to be slapped onto my plate.

The server slapped the food onto my plate and I smiled and said a small thankyou. I turned and looked around for Laf. I spotted him at the back eating by himself. I walked over to him and sat down next to him. "Hey laf" I said whilst smiling. "Hello John" He said with a mouthful. I smiled at him and dig into my food.

Suddenly Laf turned to me with a confused look. " Where's le petit lion?" He questioned. "Oh um I think he is back at the tent.." "Did he not come with you?" I shook my head. "He was angry so I left" he lied, not telling him the whole truth. "Mon ami let's go check on him" I opened my mouth to respond but he already yanked me up. He practically dragged and pulled me all the way to the tent. "Wow no need to be so aggressive Laf" I said half jokingly. He just shrugged his shoulders and pulled open the tent.

"Mon petite lion?" He called. No answer. He turned to me with wide eyes. I peeked in and no Alex. He was gone. I turned to him, my eyes as wide as the moon. "Uh" We both said in sync. "Where the hell is he John!" He shouted. Crap he is mad. Really mad. "I don't- I don't know!" I yelled back. He was about to run off but I grabbed his coat. "Wait Laf lets not jump to any conclusions here. Let's go ask around, okay? Maybe he is with the General! We don't know that so come on let's just stay calm and ask around." He looked at me with calmer eyes. "You're right mon ami" He said, half smiling. I nodded and we both left tent to go further into camp.

We made our way to the generals tent, Lafayette hesitantly knocked, me currently standing behind him.

The general came to the opening in the tent; a blank look painted his face. I turned to Laf, looking at him with pleading eyes. He sighed and told him about our predicament. He nodded as Laf spoke. His expression was still somewhat blank; but there was only a little hint of emotion, the tiniest; A hint of concern and shock was thrown into the mix . 

The words he wished to never hear, suddenly spilled out of his mouth.

Alexander was gone without a trace.