Part 22

There was something peaceful about this home and the people surrounding it.

Kushi smiled, once a while , how worried she had been about being confined in a house with him.about seeing Arnav wherever she turned.

Still in her jodhpur  and sleeveless Tee shirt, a textbook in hand, sprawling over her bed.. Khushi was  working on her assignment, tomorrow is due date...

A click of main door opening and
the footfall of shoes lingered through their corridor,
she stopped her work and turned around,  hastily leaving her bed behind Khushi strolled in search of intruder, ..who's barging ?

this is one of highly secured apartment complex isn't it?

She goes through corridor,
The gust wind was blowing.. suddenly it hit, the smell of Italian cologne...!!

Arnav..

A shadow moves  near their glittering pool..it's their second pool in balcony.

The evening sun kissing  blue glittering pool..

khushi's gaze lingered, a male figure is lazily  sprawling on pool couch..!!

Arnav , Arnav Singh Raizada half laying half  sitting on pool side couch,a jug of customary lemonade and  cookies were on the glass topped table between the two loungers..

Kushi was there some half an hour ago, dipping legs  into pool and enjoying her lemonade and cookies..
Wishing to learn swimming.
she was intended to go back, that's why she left the drink and cookies there.

head  thrown back against couch, and eyes  closed absorbing the smell of home.

Previous week he went to Italy, another trip,  their much anticipated Italian deal,he missed his home..it was an unusual feeling, he also missed his wife.. that was something terribly unusual.

*****************"""""*****

A cobalt blue  shirt  unbuttoned upto his chest, showing his golden skin, cuffs undone, sleeves folded back displaying his muscled forearms..

his  plain khaki pants  wrinkled, might be because of long long air travel.

Khushi stood near him.

Eyes were still closed  Arnav inhaled, sensing khushi's presence..he smiled.

"did you had a good week Gupta..?"

He sounded hoarse , very unlikely of ASR..then his smile deepened, his eyes opened slowly,travelled over her with such an intensity that she could almost believe he had been dying to meet her.he had noted everything about her.a real flicker of warmth lightening up in those chocolaty chips eyes.

He missed his home..he missed his wife...it was also a first experience. In Italy, they have a special connection, once in a while he seriously thought to cancel the meeting..it was stupid of him.

"It was good.."

Khushi murmured,

why she was intimidated by him?

could It because of her misplaced love interest in Arnav or it turned into a full fledged love..?

Khushi  sarcastically thought herself.

she could tolerate Arnav hating her , questioning her worth and thinking the worst of her. This... this strangely warmth mood he seemed to be in, she couldn't handle him and his intentions.

This was weird.. this Arnav Singh Raizada.. he is out of character,

He was out of the chair and strolled to her direction in a flash his hand around her waist..that was fast so out of control,he hugged her .