Epilouge

Jim awoke with a start.

He lay on a strange metal surface, his wrists and feet shackled to the metal.
He looked at himself with horror. His legs and arms no longer had the characteristics of a mouse's. They were long and smooth, his beautiful silky hair gone. His head felt large and heavy, as if someone had replaced it with a bowling ball. He was wearing strange pieces of cloth around his elongated torso, and a metal gadget around his wrist.

"Patient 26 is awake!" A voice said from behind him.

Several more of the creatures like him walked into the room. Sitting down on large brown chairs, they faced the table Jim was on.
"Well, how do you feel?" One asked.

Jim was horrified beyond belief.

"What happened to my body?!" He demanded, voice shaking.

The doctors looked at him, confused. "James, nothing's happened to your body. It's always been like this. Are you feeling alright?"

Jim had to look around before he realized they were talking to him.

"James? My name isn't James. It's Jim. My head is large and bulky, my arms are too long, my legs aren't hairy, my chest is big, and I have strange fabric covering me. What did you do?!"

The doctors frowned.

"Kid think's he's a mouse," one said.

"Who was in charge of the LSD administration?"

Another groaned. "Bring in the next patient. This one's as good as dead."

The words sent chills up Jim's spine.

The scientists got up and left the room, Jim pleading with them to explain and help him. Hopeless and confused as a lost puppy, he gasped as the shackles grew hotter and hotter. Suddenly the heat dropped. Replacing it was a small buzzing feeling, as if his hands were falling asleep.

Then Jim screamed as 500,000 volts of electricity raced through his feeble, malnourished form.