4

"Oh my fucking god."

"What?" Kato looks up from his position on the couch, turning to face Calum as the boy walks into the living room, his eyes widening at the envelope in his hand.

"They're getting fucking married."

     "Holy shit." Kato gasps as he looks over Calum's shoulder, reading the invitation in Calum's hand. "And they invited you?"

     Calum nods. "Do I- Do we go? I don't how to respond to this."

"It's your choice, love." Kato wraps his arms around Calum's waist. "Whatever you do, I'll back you up."

Calum smiles, leaning into Kato. "Thank you." He says softly.

     Calum can't shake the feeling though. That feeling you get when you're happy, but something is wrong and it shouldn't be wrong, but it is, and you can't get yourself to be fully okay.

He should be okay, he knows, because it'd been over a year since he and Ashton broke up, and almost as long since they even talked to each other. Yet, he finds himself laying in bed staring at the ceiling, wondering why the hell he was so sad.

     "Hello?"

     "They're getting married, you know." Calum says softly.

     "Cal?" Michael croaks. It's two o'clock in the morning. Michael is pissed.

"Did they invite you to the wedding?" Calum asks. "They invited me, and a plus one. That would be Kato. I didn't even know they were getting married."

"How would you know?" Michael replies with a sigh. "None of you talk anymore, you didn't really have any way of knowing."

     "Yeah." Calum chuckles. "I know I should be okay with it but I'm like- I'm really fucking not."

     "Go to bed, Cal." Michael says softly. "You'll feel better in the morning."

"Yeah." Calum scoffs. "Guess I'll get up in the morning and RVSP to a wedding my brain has already decided shouldn't happen."

     And that's exactly what he does. Regretfully, of course, and with a scowl on his face.

"If you don't want to go, you don't have to." Kato states as he leans against the kitchen counter, arms crossed.

     "Yes I do." Calum rolls his eyes. "If I don't then they'll think there's drama between us."

     Kato just sighs.

He doesn't even bother mentioning that there absolutely is drama between Calum, Luke, and Ashton. There's been drama for a very long time.

     "Do I just text the number? Or?"

"Yeah." Kato smiles softly as he nods.

"What the fuck am I supposed to say?" Calum furrows his brows.

"Fuck if I know." Kato laughs. "I've got to go, I'll see you tonight. I love you."

The pair share a quick kiss, and Kato departs.

Not long after, Calum finds himself sitting on his kitchen floor researching how to respond to an RSVP.

calumhizzle: googled how to respond to an rsvp, came out unsuccessful
calumhizzle: anyway it does say i'm supposed to say my name so hi it's calum hood
calumhizzle: um
calumhizzle: i'm coming to your wedding
calumhizzle: oh my boyfriend is as well
calumhizzle: do you need his name?? google said to say the names of who's coming with you as well??