high school sweethearts pt.2

R E C A P

Melanie's POV
i finally  grabbed my bags , my keys , and shut my locker. Suddenly i felt someone grab my hand and let out a sweet giggle that gave me butterflies. i turned around.

y/n: need a ride home?

——————————————————————————

PT.2

Y/N's POV

s-sure. Melanie said shyly

as we both walked hand in hand we finally got to the car finding it difficult to finally let go.

when we arrived at melanie's house she insisted I stay.

Melanie's POV

the whole ride i couldn't bare the thought of y/n leaving after everything that's happened today.

as I got out of the car just seconds before she pulled off I blurted out

no stay!
I w-was hoping you could help me with my math homework. I stuttered .

ok sure . y/n said softly while blushing .

Y/N's POV

we walked into melanie's bedroom and sat down on her bed to work .

There was awkward silence for a while until she finally asked.

"so...can you help me with number 17 ?"

while I looked down at my book to see what the problem said, I could feel her glancing at me. I looked up to see her smiling. when she had noticed I had saw she quickly turned her head back to her book.

Melanie's POV

y/n explained the problem to me but everything went right over my head. I couldn't focus on anything but her. after she had helped me the room went back to being filled with tension and awkward silence.

"look y/n I know I invited you in for homework but I really want to talk"

Y/N's POV

we both talked about our day , trying our hardest to not mention the note as if nothing ever happened, "but the best part of my day was probably that beautiful note you put in my locker" I said softly while fidgeting with my hands to take away from the fact that I was nervous.

we both sat there smiling noticing how awkward we were being about the situation.

melanie started telling me about how she felt about the note I gave her.

I guess she could notice that I was barely listening to what she was saying but was staring directly at her and she suddenly stopped talking .

As I was getting lost in her eyes ,
She leaned forward , grabbed my face, and kissed me.

a long kiss that still gives me butterflies in my stomach when I reminisce about it .
we sat in her bed for hours just talking to each other and laughing.

when we noticed it was getting late melanie walked me out to my car, we exchanged numbers, and she gave me a sweet short kiss on the cheek.
we both sat there smiling awkwardly for a minute but then I finally got in my car and drove home.

Melanie's POV

as I walked back to my room I noticed y/n had texted me
"thanks for a great time see you tomorrow💘"
after replying to the message I put her contact name in my phone as "high school sweetheart 💞" , laughed at how ridiculous I was and went to sleep.

so i decided to make a part two! i kind of would want to make this a book to add some more interesting parts because I have MANY ideas for it but i haven't decided yet :)make sure you guys send me request if you have any 💘
xoxo