Chapter Fifteen

Dean stares down at Spencer who sleeps, again, on the couch. She's been sleeping a lot since the whole Tony going missing thing. Days and days of sleeping. He hates seeing her this upset, this broken and torn. He strokes her hair before adjusting her blanket and then pulls back.

"That's it" Dean scolds quietly and takes a breath before turning to Sam behind him. "We're taking her to Bobby's"

"She said she wants to stay here" Sam argues.

"And if she wasn't sleeping almost all hours, I would let her, she's exhausted...and if we weren't here, those kids would be missing out..." Sam sighs knowing that he is right. Spencer has just gotten worse the last few days, the closer they get to Trinity's birthday, the more it sinks in that Tony is really missing. "She refuses to eat, when was the last time she had a shower or a bath.....being here isn't helping her or them...Whilst she's asleep, I say we pack the kids up, get them in the car, and then take her...." Sam moves to Dean's side and looks down at Spencer. "And drive till we hit Bobby's" Sam nods.

.....................

Sam sets Trinity into her car seat as she yawns and rubs at her eyes, but she'll sleep on the drive.

"Stay right there, sweetheart, I'll be right back" Sam hands her her stuffed wolf and she holds it closer to her as he closes the door and moves to the trunk to set in the bags he and Dean packed for the three of them. Jarvis helped as much as he could without having hands. Directing them to the right things and toys. Dean leaves the house, a baby carrier on each arm as he heads to the Impala. He passes Sam who raises an eyebrow.

"I'm good, I got them" Dean assures him and then stares at the car door handle. "Yeah, I don't" he then admits, Sam smirks amused and moves to open the door for him before taking one of the carriers from him and moving around the other side of the car. Both of them strap the carriers into place, making sure they are secure.

"She's going to be okay, right?" Sam asks lifting his eyes to meet Dean who shrugs a little before leaning out of the car, Sam joins him.

"As long as he comes back" Dean answers. "If not...." he pauses slightly. "I think it would actually destroy her"

...............

Spencer wakes and frowns feeling and hearing the rumble of the Impala around her. She jerks up and turns to Dean driving with a glare on her face, he sighs and holds tighter to the wheel.

"Don't get mad" he warns. "Okay?" he asks, she takes a breath. "This is for the best" he glances at her. "Spence?" he asks, she turns to find the twins in their carriers strapped into the back seats but no Trinity.

"Where's Trin?" she counter asks.

"With Sam, he's taking your car" Dean answers, she turns to look out the side of the window. "Spence" he whispers. "You needed to get out of that house, waiting around like that....it's not good for you, and it's not good for your kids"

"I wasn't going to argue with you" she whispers sadly. "I'm too tired to do so" she sighs a little and tugs her jacket closer to her.

"You've been sleeping a lot" he offers.

"Not really" she admits. "I just like laying in our bed" Dean looks at her sadly before turning his attention back to the road. "I miss him" she whispers.

"Yeah" he nods. "Yeah, I know you do"

"I don't think I can do this without him" she adds, Dean looks to her.

"Do what?" he asks her, she sniffles.

"Be a mother" she admits, her voice breaking. "I just...I urm...I don't think I can do any of it without him"

"But you love them"

"I do" she whispers. "But...there's three of them" she looks to him, tears in her eyes. "Three, Dean, one I could do alone, but three? No, I can't..."

"Spence" he states. "Dad did it with us" he reminds her, she scoffs a little knowing that John isn't exactly the best parental role model. He did his best, but his best wasn't enough. And she didn't see that, not until Trinity, not until she knew that she would never do some of the things John did to her daughter. She knew then, that John hadn't been perfect. "And, trust me, you are twice, if not more, the person he was, you can do this...I know you can" she sniffles turning away from him, her fingers toying with her wedding ring. "As for Tony" Dean continues. "I'm sure he's doing everything he can to get home to you and those kids....." she swallows her emotions, begging herself not to cry. "If he misses you as much as you miss him, then...I know he'll be doing everything he can" She wraps her arms around herself and presses her forehead to the cold glass of the window.

"Thank you" she offers, Dean frowns a little. "For looking after me" she elaborates.

"You don't need to thank me for that" he argues. "Ever" she nods a little and takes a deep breath closing her eyes.