F I F T Y - E I G H T ~ Something Wicked This Way Comes

☙☽◯☾❧

A week had passed since Sebastian's marking of Eleni and within that week, the besotted couple spent time with their son. Particularly at night when they'd be in front of the house where Eleni enjoyed sitting on the grass and held her son in her arms. She'd look at the fireflies surrounding them, their golden light illuminating enough for Sebastian to see his mate and son.

Eleni watched one of the firefly swirl down to hover over her son. The baby reached up, his open mouthed smile accompanied by a delighted squeal. When the baby reached for the firefly, it dodged his grasp and circled around until landing on his forehead.

A small laugh escaped the mother, watching her son's face scrunch up at her. 

"Oh, honey, it's okay," Eleni sighed, grinning at the trembling lip her son had. "It won't hurt you."

Eleni blinked when a few more fireflies came closer through her peripherals. She looked up, watching the way the pair of the light bugs swivel around one another, joining their companion onto Tristan's forehead. It was then more fireflies appeared and took their place beside the others until there was a bright crown on Tristan's head. 

"Sebastian!" Eleni cried, beaming with excitement as she waved him over. "Come look at this!"

When he approached, Sebastian's brow rose, tilting his head as he admired the firefly crown on his son's head. The baby seemed adjusted to the weight and was staring up at his parents. 

"Is it because of who he is?" Eleni wondered, looking up at her mate. 

In the middle of shrugging and replying that it must be, Eleni gasped with a smile and pointed at more fireflies swiveling around. They danced their way towards Sebastian, forming the same brightly lit crown on his head. Sebastian looked upward, lowering a brow and scrunched his nose. 

Eleni giggled behind her hand. A firefly wisped by in front of her, making her follow it until another firefly wisped by in the opposite direction. Eleni looked up when her son's face had more light to it. She frowned before Sebastian seated himself in front of her. He crossed his legs and grinned that the fireflies were now in her hair too.

"Oh..." Eleni tired to look up, only tilting her head back. She rolled her eyes at herself for doing this. She reached up to gently touch the crown and bit her lip while smiling. How fascinating this world was!

Sebastian lowered a brow, looking up at the night sky and sneered, "Very funny." while his mate laughed, touching his hand and assured Sebastian that his Moon Goddess was not trying to be mean. 

"Noooo," Sebastian agreed, "But she's got a weird sense of humor. I should know from all growing up."

Eleni looked down at Tristan. The baby was distracted by a large firefly and it was a few minutes of focusing past the bright light that Eleni realized it wasn't a firefly after all. She took in a short breath, her eyes wide as she whispered Sebastian's name.

The Twilight Savior frowned, squinting as his neck craned forward to inspect what was in front of his son. Sebastian blinked as he realized what it was from what he'd seen Micah point out in a book once. 

There was no way of actually knowing there were other Supernatural creatures other than confirmation that a witch, like Mrs. Bumpkins, existed. But being able to see something more unique such as the tiny being in mint green skin, fluttering its wings while they illuminated was so much better to experience in person.

Sebastian smiled, a short breath escaping him. He was unable to speak as the little creature fluttered up to his eye level. It leaned forward, its backside sticking up.