"Are you here?" I asked, just wanting to see if he'll show up, "Mark?"

But no answer, I sighed and sat on the edge of my bed, feeling a bit disappointed that he might've just dropped by today to know that he's still in earth and left immediately afterwards.

I lied on my bed and stared at the ceiling, I wonder if Mark has the power to go into my dream and interact with me there like a normal person.

I didn't noticed that I was already drifting off to a slumber with all my thinking.

And that night, like any other night, I met him again in my dream.

"Koeun-ah!" There he was, in the living room with Minhyung, watching a sports channel as he was petting the pup "good morning."

I smiled at him and nod my head once. I went over to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for us. I was busy cooking pancakes that I didn't noticed him already behind me, surprising me with a backhug as we both chuckle at our cheesiness.

With the dreams that I had been having the past few weeks, I know that Mark and I have been exclusively dating now, well in my dreams that is.

Suddenly, I saw myself standing under a big oak tree. I looked around and saw Mark sitting on the grass nearby a lake alone. I slowly went towards him and sat beside him.

"Mark?" I called, he turned to face me and smiled

"How have you been?" He asked, I was suddenly confused, one minute he was hugging me in the kitchen and now it seems like he was another person, "I know I have been not around lately, I'm sorry for that."

"What have you been doing these past few weeks?" I finally asked, "where have you been going?"

He didn't answered, instead he looked towards the lake and sighed heavily.

I didn't push it anymore, I don't want to insist on something he isn't comfortable sharing.

"I'm sorry that we can only spend time together in your dreams, Koeun-ah." He said and suddenly held the top of my hand and squeezed it, "I'm sorry for not being there for you lately."

I laid my head on his shoulder as I sighed heavily.

I was also admiring how beautiful the lake in front of us was. It was calm, relaxing, and simple. Like what we are right now.

"If the only place that I can be with you is in my dreams, then I'd gladly not wake up when morning comes."

He turned his head to look at me but I didn't move an inch, instead he kissed the top of my head and rested his head above mine as we watched the peaceful lake all day long.

I closed my eyes and let out a heavy sigh. When I opened them I was back to reality.

I saw my ceiling, and the sun that shined so bright I could barely open my eyes wide. I sat up and looked around, but only saw Minhyung on his bed still fast asleep.

I sighed, "he's not here again."

I stood up and grabbed my phone, wanting to document my dream last night. Somehow, I felt sad with my conversation with him. I couldn't help but also feel bad, but what could we do?

Everyday for the rest of the month has been like that. I'm meeting Mark in my dreams and not seeing him when morning comes.

Until one day, he came back. I went home really late that night and I saw him sitting at the edge of my bed having a staring contest with Minhyung.

"You're here!" I didn't mean to sound so excited as I saw his ghostly presence there. He smiled and chuckled at me as he nodded "are you back for good?"