Chapter Thirty- One

Beginne am Anfang

"Think of it as revenge." He said to Harry's back as he hit him with the ornament, hard enough to hear a sickening crack before his brother collapses.

Everything goes still for a moment as Harry's head rolls to the side with his eyelids still a little open. Even the aura of energy, cursed or not, didn't understand why a brother would do this. It was Edward's duty to protect his little brother and this is how he was going to do it.The cabin got into everyone's minds and ruined it. Chewed you up inside and spat you out, doing itover and over until you're hardly recognisable as a living being anymore.Harry would fold his resistance to whatever he was hearing in that cellar and Edward knew it. 

He had to be brutal about it but Harry would understand after they've gotten out of here.He could already feel something clawing its way into his brain, wanting to overrule and dominate it.Harry's body was heavy dead weight and Edward struggled to get him up. With a moment spent straightening himself, Edward moved forward and out of the cabin with Harry's arm over his shoulders.The Rover had an open back-seat door and he could smile when he saw the blanket no longer on the floor like when Harry had thrown it on the ground. He knew Louis was there but he had to be subtle about it. Evil doesn't like to be cheated.Edward dumped Harry in the back-seat without caution and closed the gaping doors, getting in the driver's seat and kicking the Rover into reverse. He didn't bother with a U-turn and looked over his seat as he put the SUV in gear and accelerated backwards up the pathway.

The freeway came into view and Edward's smile got broader, finally braking and pulling onto the street where other cars travelled. The walkway that led to the seemed to close on its own, blocking anyone who wasn't welcome. This place isn't theirs anymore, Edward would make sure of it.An additional weight was lifted after the sixth tree flew past. Edward physically felt lighter as his mind eased and shoulders relaxed. 

Like thorns from cotton wool the claws and talons of that place that pre-existed on him and his brother simply vanished."You hit him?!" Louis' shriek made Edward laugh, hearing his petal's frantic voice bringing unimaginable happiness to the older male.Louis was there, in the seat he never moved from all of a sudden as the cloak of a masterly illusion lifted. Harry was still unconscious on the black leather, Louis worrying over him.

"Edward!" Louis' eyes were wide and troubled, checking what he could to ensure Harry was still alive.

"He's fine, petal." Edward came to a bridge that was constructed over a landmark damn, with green water that sparkled like something else Louis knew.He pulled over onto the red slow-moving lane and got out, moving around the back to open Louis'door. 

The boy looked at him apprehensively but they'd just gotten out of the place Edward couldn't escape alone and he wants to celebrate.Louis was wrapped around him in no time, standing on the freeway's last lane with puffy cheeks and deep breaths. He didn't understand any of what happened at that place in the woods and he's been through enough traces of supernatural elements to dare ask.

"You're okay, petal?" Edward closed his eyes and buried his face in Louis' neck, swinging a littlefrom left to right.

"Y-Yeah." Louis hiccuped, fingers tangled in Edward's knotless hair and his elbows resting on theman's shoulders. "Where did you take me? Why couldn't I-"

Cars whizzed by them, unaware of the things they knew and each other's stories. They drove by ontheir way towards or away from something, someone. All with personal horrors of their own.Edward opened his eyes when he felt close to tipping over, falling back against the Rover so hedoesn't rely on himself.

"Don't." Edward pushed Louis' hair back by framing the side of his face, brushing over the softestskin and committing the most brilliant blue eyes to memory. "Don't remember that place."