"Great! Since I'm getting only more gay day by day, what about you two? Interested?" Isha asked, grinning at me and Jada.

In response, Jada and I scrunched our noses in utter disgust because getting laid was something Jada and I never thought about, let alone had any interest in.

"Are you coming to the race, though? People are saying he's pretty good so it'll probably turn out to be a fun race."

"Sure, but everyone knows who the best racer in Lakewood is. He should too," Isha clarified, earning a huge grin from Carmen.

Carmen was the towns' queen of bike racing. I couldn't remember the last time she lost a race. It was what she spent most of her free time doing when she wasn't doing the gang stuff with us or running shifts at the town's local diner owned by her dad. Even in class, she was on the hunt for her next component on her phone.

"It still sounds legit though. I'll be there," Jada said, smiling.

Sliding her phone back into her jeans pocket, Carmen averted her gaze to me, arching a questioning brow. "Lee?"

While I preferred to spend my free time locked up in my apartment, either lazily eating gummy bears and playing Nintendo, studying, or just sleep the day away to add more fuel to my depression but I did enjoy Carmen's races.

I met her eyes. "Will there be beer?"

Carmen ruffled my hair. "Dude, chill. I'll get you vodka and beer. Plus, some cheap champagne. Mix your strawberry milk with whatever you want."

Just like that, I was in and nodded to Carmen.

Afterward, Isha grinned amusingly at Jada. "So, J. Ready for that glossary test in French?"

Pulling her headphones up to her ears, Jada groaned. "Kill me now."

The girls laughed and we fallowed Jada towards the entrance. The gray school building loomed ahead, mirroring a prison more than an actual school. I dragged my left foot forward but struggled to push through the crowded hallway, because everyone was too busy bullshitting about people they didn't know a damn thing about, laughing over tiktok videos on their phones, exchanging cigarettes, complaining about teachers and assignments and last but not least, picking fights with one another and shoving each other's heads into locker doors.

Luckily, one of the advantages of being in the most feared and powerful gang in the whole town, was that the sea of students always parted the way to let us through.

Jada was in the lead, as always, keeping her head high and taking confident strides towards the lockers. Carmen tucked her hands inside the back pockets of her jeans and rolled her eyes when some of the boys' eyes traveled up and down her curves. Isha sucked on her lollipop and stretched her arms up in the air.

Meanwhile, I held my blank gaze ahead but couldn't help but ignore the sideways glances towards my left foot that I was limping with. That was the thing about disabilities, disorders, and illnesses. No matter how long someone had known you, nobody could help but eye you with the same curiosity or in my case, just plainly stare from the corner of their eye. All the damn time.

Having cerebral palsy used to suck. Mostly because it used to be really bad when I was a kid.  Luckily, I was fortunate enough to get surgery, causing me to be able to walk as a result but with a limp ever since. I was used to it by now, but even being The Wolf, there were times when it was difficult to get away from things that I wanted to escape. For example, the occasional stares and Jake. Thus, my bike may have been rusty and old but it was and always would be my ride or die.