ii. hawk and dove

𝘪𝘧 𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘶𝘵𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘰𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘤𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘰𝘧𝘧

helena and dinah had followed the man and rachel to some crappy motel down the highway. they booked a room just for the night and sat and waited until they knew the coast was clear to try and talk to rachel again. it was only two hours after arrival for the man to leave in his car to go and get something.

the women waited fifteen minutes before deciding it was safe to go and check up on her. although what they weren't expecting to find was rachel sitting in the bathtub praying. the teenager had mascara running down her face, paired with disheveled hair and white knuckles. something was scaring her, dinah could feel it. the whole aura of the room was dark.

"rachel?" a voice from outside of the bathroom called, it was the man from the cafe. helena and dinah didn't care though as all they felt was to comfort the crying girl.

"when kingdom comes, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us" the girl kept repeating the prayer as if it had been engraved into her brain.

helena slowly approached the girl just as the man entered the room, he gave hard stares to the women before his eyes softened taking in rachel's state. helena wrapped her arms around the crying girl not letting her out of her embrace. the lights were turnt on which made rachels head spin.

"i don't want it to get out. no!" she screamed, which didn't do well with helena's advanced hearing. she was pretty sure she was going to have a horrible earache in a few moments but she didn't care as she hugged the girl tighter.

rachel shook in her embrace before the man moved forward taking the teenager away from helena's arms into his own. "come here, you're okay. you're okay. nothing bad's gonna happen to you. don't worry" he said as he noticed the drawings of crosses on the edge of the bathtub.

dinah picked up one of the drawings before dropping it quickly. it felt as though negative jolts were being pushed throughout her whole body. something bad was following the girl and she wasn't going to stop till she found out what. helena moved next to the blonde as she listened to rachel sob in the man's arms.

――――

rachel had fallen asleep on the bed on the opposite side of the room, dinah sat by her feet just stroking the girls hair until she seemed calm. dick eyes the two women skeptically before sighing heavily.

"what do you want so badly that involves rachel?" the man asked as he walked over to his briefcase which was opened on the drawer.

"we told you.... dick grayson" helena started as she read the mans badge on his coat pocket "we want to help rachel. she's like us and we know how to help her" dinah said with a frown as she looked over at the sleeping teenager.