The Show Must Go On {3}

Start from the beginning

                “Is that murderous look for me? Because if it is, I’m going to go sit somewhere else.”

                “Bennett,” I said, looking up as he sat down across from me.

                “Don’t murder me. I had to stay after to ask a question,” he said.

                “Speaking of questions…” I nodded at him expectantly.

                Bennett sighed. “I found out what I could. No definite answers, but he’s had short lived relationships with two girls, and I found someone who saw him kissing a boy last year. Chances are, at least bisexual.”

                “And that’s all I need,” I said, looking over at Donnie’s table.

                Donnie, Clifton, and Neo were sitting there, talking to each other. Neo had a grin on his face and said something to Donnie. Donnie threw a chip at him, flipping him off.

                Scott followed my gaze and let out a sigh. “You’re not after Donnie anymore, are you?”

                “He knows I think it’s a bad idea,” Bennett said.

                “He’s different than most people,” I said, watching Neo curiously.

                “Why? Because he doesn’t bow down when he hears the name Alexander Sullivan?” Scott asked, snickering.

                “Because I don’t have to flash my name and money to get him. That’s too easy,” I said, watching as Neo pushed his hair out of his face and took a sip of his water.

                “So you want a challenge?” Scott asked.

                “Yes,” I said, smirking. “Exactly. Someone like Donnie was way too easy. But someone like Neo…this should be fun.”

                “Won’t Donnie be problematic?” Bennett asked. “He kind of hates you, Alexander.”

                “Added fun,” I said. “I have to get Neo to fall for me when he doesn’t care about my name and when he hates me because of Donnie.”

                “You’re a crazy bastard, Alexander,” Scott said, taking a bite of a fry. “Have fun with that idea.”

                I stood up, ignoring my friends and walking over to Donnie’s table. Neo’s expression darkened as he saw me approaching, and Donnie had tensed up before I even placed my hand on his shoulder.

                “Donnie.” I squeezed his shoulder lightly.

                “I told you to stop talking to me, Alexander,” Donnie said, turning in his seat to glare at me.

                “Didn’t anyone tell you, Donnie? Blondes are dumb,” Neo said, gesturing to my hair. “Golden boy here doesn’t know how to take orders from us common folk.”

                “You seem to know a lot about me, considering we’ve never talked before yesterday,” I said, smirking.

                “See? Blondes are dumb,” Neo said. “Apparently you forgot that Donnie is one of my best friends, long before he was your boy toy.”

                “Neo!” Donnie threw another chip at Neo.

                “Sorry, truth hurts, buddy. But! Now you know not to fall for desperate rich boys who need to have a lot of sex to compensate for the fact that mommy and daddy are never around,” Neo said.