Part 7

Leaning back in your chair, you stare at the article pulled up on your monitors.

Rare Pirate Treasure Unearthed; Donated to Local Museum by World-Renowned Anthropologists

There's a picture of Yoongi and you beneath it, lugging the treasure through the doors of the museum. Somewhere in the back of the newspaper is a snippet on the upcoming trial of Kim Namjoon, wanted smuggler and con man. All it were a few phone calls and some local police work before there was more than enough evidence to lock Namjoon and his cronies away.

The treasure is safe, which is the most important part. Yoongi also broke his recent unlucky streak, which is great and you, well –

"Y/N?" Jimin pokes his head through the door. "Am I interrupting?"

"Not at all," you say, closing your laptop. Standing from the chair, you move to dust off your pants. "Can I help with something, Jimin?"

Smile broadening, Jimin opens the door. "I just came by to inform you that your twelve-thirty appointment is here."

Puasing, you look up. "I don't have a lunch appointment today, Jimin."

His brow furrows. "Oh? Are you sure?" Jimin's expression is deceptively innocent. "It's with a Miss Professor Brooks. They're uh, waiting for you out in the lobby."

Stomach flipping, you can't help the smile spreading over your face. "Oh, that lunch appointment."

"Yes." Jimin grins, fixing his glasses. "That one."

As if on cue, your phone buzzes in your hand.

Yoongi: hey hurry up, the sandwiches are getting cold [12:26 PM]

Rolling your eyes, you quickly text back.

Y/N: they're sandwiches. They can be cold [12:26 PM]

Yoongi: oh, right [12:26 pm]

Yoongi: then, hurry up because I desperately miss you. Better? [12:27 PM]

Y/N: much : ) [12:27 PM]

Unable to stop smiling, you drop your phone in your bag. "Jimin," you call, hurrying out the door. "Reschedule all my afternoon appointments, will you?"

Author's Note: thank you for reading this monster!! mindiana jones thanks you. This is a one shot. Disclaimer: it's woefully inaccurate that an archaeologist would just pull treasure from the ground. Please take that plot point with a grain of salt, for the sake of moving the story along. Thanks!