Ashton: I'm with my dad so I don't know if you will want to...

Ashton knows Luke hates his dad, and his dad hates Luke. There is a lot of history between the two of them. The drama is mainly because Luke isn't really someone Ashton's dad would approve of. He definitely doesn't approve of the fact his son hangs out with him.

Luke: Fuck that!

Ashton sighs in relief. He looks quickly up to see what Jade and Mr Rivers were doing now. Jade was walking away from his desk and past Ashton's. He moved slightly so she wouldn't see his phone but he didn't really need to because she didn't even glance at him. She made her way to the back of the class and started offering her help.

Luke: So you two are cool now?

Ashton sees a new message from Luke.

Ashton: I guess?

Luke: Is he more chill with you?

Ashton: I suppose?

Ashton just wants him and Luke's conversation to end now. Luke is only being a good friend and checking everything is okay with him and his dad. But right now isn't a good time. Especially since very thing isn't okay with him and his dad. It never is.

Luke is really the only one who knows what Ashton's dad is really like. Michael sort of gets it and has probably guessed the most of it but Ashton has never really talked to him about it.

Luke: you know you can always crash at mine if things get too rough, right?

Luke might be a dick to everyone. He might think he is gods gift to women. He might also like to beat up a kid just because he is quiet, but even after all that he is still a good friend to Ashton. He always has been.

Ashton: I know. Thanks. I need to go now. See you later

Ashton doesn't have time to wait for Luke's reply because he feels someone standing over him, looking at his work.

Ashton looks up slowly and sees Jade looking over his work. Her eyes are concentrated on his page and her eyebrows have furrowed together in concentration. Ashton had to admit it made her look very cute. Everything she did made her look cute. She could probably be sacrificing a baby animal to satan and she would look really cute. Or maybe she would look really hot. Ashton wasn't too sure which one.

"That's not how you do exponential functions." She says bluntly, making Ashton pay more attention to her voice rather than her face.

"What?" Ashton says, he is suddenly very aware he spoke to him first this time.

"That isn't how you do exponential functions." Jade replies quietly and she pulls a chair over to Ashton's desk and sits next him.

"Oh," Ashton looks at his page which is filled with what he thought was the right working. There is a reason why he is here and this is probably it. He didn't even know he was doing exponential functions. "Then how do you do exponential functions?" he asks.

Jade looks at him for a second then back at his work. She sighs and picks up Ashton's pen. She gives the question he was attempting to do a quick glance before starting to scribble away at his jotter.

"Okay," she draws an arrow to a bunch of numbers and a formula on Ashton's page. "Up to here, it's good." Jade points to the line, not looking at Ashton.

"But then here," she draws a circle around a random number, that Ashton was using because he thought could help him find x. "You kind of loose it."

"Can you show me what to do?" Ashton asks hopefully. He now didn't care that he was stuck in a boring math lesson after school he was just happy Jade was actually talking to him. Even if it was about math.