Chapter 4

Donnies pov- 3rd person-

"Donnie!" The soft-shell turtle jumps and pull up his goggles, "Yes!? What!?" April stomps to his side, holding her bat over her shoulder. "You idiot!" Donnie cocks a brow, confused as he looks around. "What did I do?" April growls, "You broke y/n's heart!" Donnie just looks baffled. "What- How?" - "She likes you, you stupid turtle!" Donnie looks shocked, then angry, "I'm not stupid! And She doesn't like me. Why would she like me?" April nearly yells in frustration and she gripps her bat. "She DOES! She likes you, not Leo! She. Likes. You." April then hits Donnie on the head with her bat. "Why can't you just see that you won her heart!?" Donniel scoffs, rubbing his head, "There's no way she likes me." April hits him on the head again. "She's crying over you, you asshole!" Donnies expression suddenly shifts to a concerned one, "She is?" April sighs, Donnie could practically see the steam radiating off her. "Yes. If you don't believe she likes you, go ask her yourself." And with that April stormed out. Donnie grabbed his hoodie and ran out (past April), he had to get to the bottom of this.

You held your phone in your soft hands, Leos contact was open and you were about to send a message, but something kept you from doing it. You sat there staring at your phone screen debating if you should risk starting a relationship with someone who wasn't Donnie.

After a long time of typing and deleting messages, you just turned your phone off and curled into bed. Maybe some sleep would help.

Midnight. It was Midnight and you were still awake. You pull out your laptop and just watch a show you liked. An hour passed and you were finally getting tired, you were about to fall asleep, when you heard a loud- almost frantic- tapping. You roll your eyes and shut your computer; the glow-in-the-dark star stickers on your ceiling giving a blue hue throughout the room. "April I don't have time right now." You say while opening the curtains, but it wasn't April, it was Donnie. You stumble back, "Donnie? What- wait no.. not tonight." You angrily shut the curtains again and start walking back to your bed-

 He started BANGING on the window. 

"Ok, Ok Jesus! Don't break the glass!" You open the curtains and unlock the window. Donnie slides it open with ease and steps in, "Are you okay?" You cross your arms, "Why do you ask?" Donnie looks to his feet, "April told me some things... but there's no way it's true!" You grumble and flick on your lights, looking Donnie straight in the eyes. "Is this enough proof for you?" Your voice sounded almost empty, you had truly cried out all of your pain. Donnie gasps and looks over you red- puffy face. He goes to place a hand on your cheek, but you jerk your head back. 

"Don't."

 Donnie gives a guilty look, "I'm so sorry. I just didn't know you felt that way about me.." You relax your posture a little. "Ok.. maybe you really are sorry. You almost never apologize." Donnies eyes sparkle a little as he steps forward and hugs you softly. But, you still weren't happy with him so you shoved him off. "Please, don't." Donnie's face shifted to a look of sad-rejection. "Look Donnie, I'm sorry you had to come here. But.. please-" Donnie grabs your hands and kisses the back of each. You almost swore you saw a few tears fall down his cheeks. He cupped your hands to his face, 

"Y/n.. I need you, without you I'd get lost in my work and bad habits.." 

You attempt to pull your hands back, but his grip was tight, 

"A part of me knew we could be more.. I just didn't think you'd ever feel the same way." He looks into your eyes as tears formed in his own, causing them to sparkle. "Please don't hate me.." You feel a pang of emotion fill your heart once more and you slowly embrace him in a gentle hug. "I could never hate you." You hear him sniff as he hugs back, doing his best not you squeeze you. You nuzzle into his jacket and take in his scent, metal, coffee, paper,  something burnt, and something that almost smelled like cologne. You let a smile break onto your face as a few tears start to stream down your cheeks. This was really happening, he does love you, he does care.

You tug at his hoodie as you begin to cry a little. Donnie says nothing, he just hugs you tighter.

After you finished letting out your emotions onto Donnies jacket, he cupped your cheeks. "Y/n. I love you." You feel yourself start to cry again, but Donnie stopped you. He placed a finger to your lips, "Shh. You're alright." You swallow and he gives you a gentle smile. "There we go. Don't wear yourself out." You nod and nuzzle his neck. He sputters and you feel his skin heat up. You smile and hug him tightly. "I love you too, Donnie..."

"..I love you too.."

Short but sweet. Hope it was ok! cya in the next one!

 Hope it was ok! cya in the next one!