Chapter 15

A/N: I've finally found a good name for our antagonist....

"What did you want to talk about?" Ben says as he leans on the wall. "Look, you can't keep working with Damion. Do you understand me?" You pinch the bridge of your nose and glare at him.

He sighs like a sad father, "Look, I'm doing all I can with work -this is all I can do right now- unless I can get a good... What.. four hundred bucks before next week?" You feel a bit worried for your friend, but all you could do was stare at him and eventually, you smile. "I have to say wagon-boy, that mustache suits you." He runs his thumb and index finger over his facial hair, "Really? Everyone else said it looked a bit silly, especially for an eighteen-year-old."

You hiss, "Don't listen to them. It looks nice."

Ben laughs a little and stuffs his hands in his pockets. "Perhaps."

You smile and look up at the sky, you could see the horizon starting to glow.

"The sun's rising!" You giggle and point. Ben doesn't seem to be as excited about the beautiful sight though, because he gasps and pulls out his phone, "Oh, no-no-no! I have to get home before Maddie wakes up." He frets. You frown, "Already? We just got to talking, man!"

Ben chuckles a little, "Sorry, (Y/n), I have a ten-year-old to take care of."

You felt a bit disappointed that you had to say goodbye, but you smiled at him anyway. "Can we meet up again sometime?" You ask, extending your arm to shake his hand. Ben nods with that same bright smile you remember, "Sure. Be prepared for me to come by unannounced though!" You both shake hands and he turns, "See ya', twinkle-toes." He jests. You smile -then get an idea. "W-Wait!"

Ben turns around in confusion and when he sees you zip into your apartment, leaving the door wide open, he decides to wait. As he steps to the side and leaned against the railing, he recalls those turtles, specifically the ones dressed in hoodies.

---------

You run past the brothers to your hallway. They all tried to ask what you were doing, but you paid no attention.

You open your hall closet and pull out a small box. You look up and find a specific coat. Swiftly, you reach into the left pocket and pull out a key and before you could truly think about what you were doing, you unlock the box and flip the lid open. Inside, sat hundreds of dollars in cash that you'd been saving for years. Swiftly, you pull out a handful of bills and count them. "..Five-hundred." You conclude, locking the box and hiding it -and the key- once more.

And so, you dash back outside. Ben looked at you quizzically as you anxiously fumbled with the bundle of cash. "Sorry about that, I had to get something." You say as you smile and slowly extend the cash out in-front of him. It takes a moment for him to realize what you're doing and when he does he shakes his head at you. "(Y/n), no. I can't." You huff and shove the cash into his face.

"Take it, or I will follow you until you do."

Ben regards you and the money for a brief moment, before a grateful smile appears on his face. Slowly he reaches out and takes the money from your hands. As he holds them in front of him he can't find words as he silently counts them in disbelief. You smile and pat his shoulder. "It's the least I could do after avoiding you guys for so long."