Chapter 15

After returning from exam I was lying on the couch, thinking about party that is going to happen tomorrow. Just then ruhan arrived, after he changed I gave him tea and snacks and we both sat down. I asked him about his day and we both were watching tv, sitting on couch with our hands entwined and ruhan lying his head on my shoulder. After some time I heard his voice asking me about what has occupied my thoughts today. "Tomorrow there's a party organised by our batch and everyone is asked to come and a date is required to accompany you. And I am not at all a party kind of a person but my friends are insisting me to come as I have avoided all the one's happened before", I told ruhan.
"Wifey you should not miss any chance you are getting at enjoying your life. It is a great opportunity to get to know others better and if you miss it this time, later you won't have any memories to cherish. So you should go and don't worry I'll accompany you and won't let anything happen to you.", he said putting hand on his heart.
"Looks like you have enjoyed many parties?", I asked him raising my eyebrows.
"Yes wifey I have attended my fair share of parties, some because of my work and some with my friends.",he said.
"Ok. That's great. It means I can trust you with these parties", I said.
"Yes ma'am", he said putting hand on his heart.
Tomorrow after returning from college, I start to look up for outfit in my cupboard and thankfully I found the perfect dress.'Not too revealing and classy',I said looking at the dress and got ready within 45 min. Just then I heard doorbell rang. And rushed to open it. Who else it could be other than ruhan and I opened the door.
And ruhan keep looking at me then said, "Sorry ma'am looks like I have entered the wrong house. You are way too beautiful to be my wife.",he said teasing me.
" Ruhan singh", I said.
"Yes Mrs ruhan singh. Let me tell you, you look gorgeous today.",he said taking my hand to kiss it and I blushed at that.
"Thank you so much", I said.
And we both entered inside our house. I asked him to freshen up and Wear the tuxedo I put for him on bed. And after 40 min he came looking all handsome, trying to put bow tie over him, looking irritated as it was taking long, I hold his hand, asking him to let me do it, after doing my work I looked at him, to find him already looking at me and again I saw something dark, a deep emotion in his eyes. "Come on wifey, we are getting late", he said bringing me back from trance we both were in And then we both left for the party. We stopped at the venue for today's party and anyone can see people drinking, dancing, going wild.
"This is so not my scene. Let's go back ruhan", I told him getting nervous at what was in front of me.
"It will be fine wifey", he said holding my hand, assuring me.
And we both entered inside.
"Hi mahi!" my classmate veronica opened the door. She is already drunk I think. She looked at my husband and tried to get closer to him. Saying hello handsome. And that was enough to pull my trigger. I put arm around ruhan giving her death glare and introduced ruhan as my husband. And she backed off. And I thought about where have i put myself? in flock of these crazy girls. And ruhan put his arm on my back and we both head inside. He asked me to wait. As he went to fetch something to drink for both of us. Just then Sanvi and her group of friends came and I hugged Sanvi asking her How's she and she said she is better, better enough to forgive George and i understand how strong she is and how much she would have loved him to forgive him for this. Just then ruhan came saying hi to everyone and giving me a coke can. After some time one of my classmate came to ask me for dance and I declined. I looked towards ruhan to ask him for dance but he was typing something on his phone furiously. Maybe some dispute at work I thought. Just then Jayden came, giving me his notorious playful smile and ask me for dance and I looked at ruhan to found him already looking at me. I asked him and he nodded his head . And we both went on dance floor to dance. There Sanvi was already dancing with Min ho and seeing her happy made me feel good from inside
"They look good together. I am totally shipping these two" Jayden said and I agreed with him.
"You know what, he has liked her for really long time but then she got engaged to that douchebag and he left her be", he told me.
"Looks like god has given him another chance.",I said.
"Your husband is looking at me like he is going to murder me", he said.
"There is nothing like that Jayden. He himself told me to dance with you", I told him,laughing at his assumption.
"You don't know mahi. How possessive us men could be", he said and the song changed to slow one bringing all the couples together and I looked awkwardly at Jayden and we both decided to step down from stage just then Ruhan came and hold my hand. "Not so fast my dear wife. Can I have this dance? ", He asked me.
"Yeah, sure", I said
He put his hand forward for me to take and I put my other hand on his shoulder and he put his other on my waist giving me tingles and then unexpectedly pulled me closer towards him, that I can feel his breath on my neck. And we swayed at the music, lost in each other eyes,then the song changed to 'All of me' by John legend, after some time I put my head on his shoulder and we swayed to the lyrics. After that song I heard ruhan saying, "Looks like jayden is a great company", and I asked him why he thinks That and he said you were laughing the whole time when you were with him and I looked at him, trying to found something in his grey eyes, but he looked away and said nevermind but I turned his face towards me and said, "But I have the best company for my whole life, why would I need better", and kissed his head with my lips staying there for some time. After that we both came down and sat together. Ruhan sat very close to me and entwined our hands together. I start to talk to my friends and when I looked at Sanvi she winked at me and give me thumbs up. And I looked at Min ho at her side talking to Jayden and give her thumbs up and she nodded her head in no and start to laugh. And I mouthed love towards her and she blushed at that. After some time, me and ruhan returned back to our home sweet home. And changed ourselves into comfortable clothes. "Finally my first party, I'm glad everything went well", I said to ruhan while we were lying down.
"You worry too much wifey, see everything was great", he said looking at me.
"Because you were there for me. Otherwise I wouldn't have had the confidence to attend such gathering ", I told him.
"Don't worry wifey. I am always there for you", he said kissing my head and we both slept after that snuggled in each other and this made me realise that from friends we are progressing towards this new bond and that bring a smile on my face and I hold Ruhan's hand on my waist and slept peacefully. Cause now someone is there for Me to take care of me and cuddle with me.