Chapter 9

I don't know how one month went past me, in adjusting with my new family and doing visa work and everything. My mother-in-law has became my new best friend now cause I spent most of time with her after returning from my job as Ruhan was busy with moving and stuff. But now my and Ruhan relationship has developed into good friends. After he returns we daily spend one hour with each other discussing about our whole day and supporting and guiding each other and that is the best part of my day. Now we are both standing at airport ready to start our new life in a foreign country. We are hugging all our relatives and taking their blessings. I am crying like usual and my mother and mother-in-law consoling, asking me to be strong and saying they are just one call away and to take good care of my house and I was just nodding my head. And like that we said our goodbyes and moved towards our flight. As we sat on our respective seats I was still crying so ruhan hold my hand, whispering soothing words in my ears giving me courage. And after some time I dozed off in land of sleep. When I opened my eyes we just had 2 hours left before we land 'massachutes'. I looked at ruhan to find him sleeping. As he was looking tired so I didn't woke him up and start to read novel to pass time. When it was 15 min to land, I woke Ruhan up. After landing we took cab to our new house assigned by Ruhan's company. After reaching there I was astounded by the beauty of place we are going to stay. America is a really beautiful place. After transferring our luggage, we both sat on sofa relaxing a bit, before starting the unpacking. After 4 hours we have arranged everything. After eating something we reported at Indian embassy after that Ruhan went to do his, 'work' and I went home. As I was all alone in our house, I start to miss everyone so I videocalled them and fortunately they all were at the same place so I got to meet all of them, they asked me about Ruhan and I told them he went for some work but he'll be back in night and we both will videocall together. After talking to my family I felt better. It's already evening here, as I don't have anything to do so I went in the kitchen to prepare our dinner. After making dinner I realised I still have some time so I went out to greet our neighbours and to take a walk  in the park near  our place. After that I came back and half hour later Ruhan also arrived from his work. I asked him to freshen up and heated our dinner. After dinner we both were sitting together discussing how our day went and Ruhan asked me to enroll in nearby college for master's degree or to look out for job as it will keep my mind occupied and I won't feel homesick. After that we both went to sleep. On next day we both woke up early and went for walk. After returning back we both freshen up, ruhan was getting ready for work and I prepared us breakfast.
"Ruhan I'll be going to  university for enrollment", I said.
" I'll accompany you, you call me when you reach there.", He said.
"Okay",I said and he left for work.
After reaching the University around 1:00pm I called him and few minutes later he arrived and then we both went to enroll. Thankfully the course I want was available and starting 2 days later. After enrollment ruhan take me to nearby restaurant to eat our lunch. After lunch he dropped me home and went back for his work. I still  had time left so I decided to meet our kind neighbour Mrs Winslet, she is a Divorcee living with her 24 years old son, studying in university, he has moved out and only come during the weekends. I prepared her some cookies and went to greet her. I pressed the bell of her house and after few minutes some guy opened the door looking at me like judging me, "Hi, I'm mahi, I'm your next door neighbour. I came to meet Mrs Winslet.",I said smiling at him.
"She's in kitchen",he said rudely then went upstairs. Weird I thought to myself, just then Mrs Winslet came and welcomed me inside. " Sorry for my son, dear. He is not all bad, he just don't know how to handle strangers",she said .
" It's fine Mrs Winslet. I understand",I Said.
We both talked for around 2 hours about her life and about my life. I told her about getting admission in the nearby University and she told me her son also go there. And I thought I have to face Mr broody again. Then I returned home and start to prepare dinner for both of us, I was about to finish preparing when ruhan arrived looking all tired.
"Hey, you fine there?",I asked him.
"Yeah. It was just little hectic today",he replied.
" Don't worry, everything will work out in few days, you freshen up and come eat dinner and after that we both will watch a movie." I said smiling at him. After having dinner we both sat on our bed trying to choose a movie. I want to watch Harry Potter movie but mr ruhan here wants to watch some South Indian action thriller and after long debate I won and we decided to watch Harry Potter. I made both of us popcorn and we both sat enjoying it.
"What do you like in this movie?",he asked me for 10th time now."Dude, please are you serious right now?", I asked him and he sat down silently not wanting to face my fangirl side and after 2 part when I looked at him I found him already sleeping. I brought a quilt and put in on both of us and after watching 3rd part, I switched off the tv and went to sleep.