Chapter 14

I don't know how 3 months passed since we arrived here. I was busy in my assignments and classes as exams were approaching and ruhan in his work. Tomorrow is my last exam and I am happy and nervous both, because it is the most difficult subject, when I looked at the clock it was already 9 pm. 'Ruhan must have arrived from work',I thought. As I was in our house library and it is soundproof and because of that it is a great place to focus and get lost in sea of books. I hurridly moved down, as ruhan must be hungry and I need to prepare him dinner. When I got down I was astounded by ruhan standing in the kitchen, cutting tomatoes and looking all focused. I smiled at the scene and after hearing my laugh he looked up. "what are you doing in the kitchen ruhan?", I asked him, still laughing.
"I am preparing dinner for both of us wifey, so now move and let me focus. You go up and prepare for your exam' he told me.
'But ruhan it is my job to cook.", I said looking at him.
"Wifey who told you that we men can't cook. If you go out in many great restaurants, you'll find men cooking. And trust me wifey we are the greatest cooks. Today I'm going to surprise you with my cooking. Trust me. I have done it before also, when I had gone for training", he told me.
"Ok captain. Now you are incharge of this ship" I saluted him and moved up to study.
After half an hour ruhan called me down and we ate the dinner. It was delicious and I am once again astounded by, 'my husband of many talents.'
"This is really delicious ruhan", I told him.
"The chef's at your service ma'am", he said bowing down to me and I laughed at him.
"I think I deserved a token of appreciation", he said with mischief in his eyes.
"Ok, ask whatever you want peasant, your Queen is ready", I told him.
"One kiss will do your highness", he told me and I start to cough. And after patting by back, he whispered in my ear,"the place is your choice, my queen", and I looked at him. He is very near to me and I suddenly looked down at his red lips, inviting me, asking me to be courageous and I neared my face to him, to found him pulling his breath and I gulped at that and suddenly the atmosphere in room become unexpectedly warm. Then again I looked at his eyes, his beautiful grey eyes and kissed his cheek instead of lips. And we both awkwardly sat down finishing our dinner quietly. And the whole scene was passing my mind and a voice inside my head shout at me, 'you should have kissed his lips, you idiot' and I asked it to shut up, thinking about what could have unfolded for us today, if I would have been courageous enough. And then I went back to library, to study for tomorrow. I don't know how much time passed when ruhan came inside with coffee in his hand. And I thanked him for that.
"You should take some rest also wifey.",he told me.
"Yes ruhan, just one more hour then I'll be coming to sleep", I said and he left. After 1 hour, I shut the book and moved inside our bedroom, silently lying down on our bed, not to wake ruhan up, only to found him pulling me against him and I asked,"You still awake",and he laughed at that and answered "how can I sleep without my cuddle buddy" and I turned to look at him, to find him already looking at me."I feel so touched by your answer my cuddle buddle",I told him melodramatically and he made face on the 'cuddle buddle' endearment.
"You all ready for tomorrow?", he asked me.
"I think so", I answered.
"Mahi can I ask you something?",He said.
"Yeah, sure, go ahead", I told him looking in his eyes.
"Are you still not comfortable with me?", he asked.
"No ruhan, there is nothing like that. What brought this question up?", I asked him. And he told me today I was about to kiss him on lips then why did I back out.
"Ruhan, I have never been in any romantic relationship before,and I'm introvert kind of a person that is why I need more time in getting adjusted with someone, all this is way too new for me. I have always dreamt of my first kiss and today when I have had the chance I backed out. Maybe because I am still a little scared ruhan, about taking this next step. I know you are a great men, you waited for me, never forced me to do anything. Infact I am lucky to get a men like you. But I think I need some time to understand all this, to open up, I want to enjoy every second of when we are together. Just be patient with me. There is nothing like I'm not comfortable with you it's just that I am a little slow to allow someone near me like that. But I think my heart has accepted all this and I love you near me. I answered", looking at him.
"Its fine wifey. In fact trust me I'm really happy that no one touched you before me otherwise I would have smashed his face in. I understand you. Don't rush. Accept it slowly like you want, we still have all the time. And trust me when we will kiss it is going to be your best first kiss", he told me looking in my eyes.
"Like you kissed your little friend back then. I think she must have enjoyed it alot", and all I heard is his deep laughter.
"Oh god mahi. You are soo cute. It was just a stupid dare and it was just a peck nothing more. No tongues involved", he told me,pinching my cheek. And then pulled me against him and put his arm on my waist and whisper in my ear,"Now I'm all yours wifey. No need to get jealous and go to sleep. You need rest for tomorrow's exam", and I hold his hand closer and went to sleep with a little smile playing on my face.