Chapter 1, the shop

Seoul, an impressive city, but not enough flowers. From the dainty petals to the harsh thorns, nothing could beat the intricacy of the beautiful construction. Even when ripped or tarnished, flowers were alway perfect. It is probably why Jisoo thinks fondly of florists.

The shop was small, a one story box in the middle of a crowded street. The grey floors around it contrasted with the shop's painted green walls. Above the small door, a little sign read, Rosie's flowers.

Though Jisoo usually wasn't one for formalities, she deemed it reasonable to bring her friend flowers for her birthday instead of just money or a gift card. The friend in question, Lisa, had personally recommended this florist. Jisoo did not know why. To her, it seemed just like any other.

The scent of flowers filled her nose as she entered. The quiet of the store contrasted greatly with the traffic of the street outside. Jisoo surveyed the different plants around the store, brushing her fingertips along the petals.

The young woman had not realised how many types existed. She could not decide which ones worked better; big ones or little ones, saturated or muted colours. This was a task that would usually be taken on by her assistant, but Lisa had insisted on her doing the job herself, to make it more personal.

Ignoring the empty counter at the far end of the room, Jisoo made her way over to the right side of the shop, her heels softly pressing into the wooden floor boards, to inspect some of the composed looking flowers more closely.

Suddenly, a giant crash could be heard, followed by the sound of someone stumbling into the main store from behind the counter. Jisoo did not look up, she wanted to give whoever it was some time to compose them self.

Eventually, Jisoo heard a voice, with a foreign accent, "Can I help you, ma'am?"

"Ma'am? How old do I look to you?" Jisoo, looked over to the source of the noise.

A young girl kept her eyes fixed to the desk in front of her, a name tag on her green polo shirt read, Rosie. Jisoo turned to fully face her. The girl was taller than her, dyed hair and a symmetrical face. If she was not wearing the hideous shirt, Jisoo might have mistaken her for a model.

"You own this store, don't you?" Jisoo asked.

"Yes," The girl responded.

"Come here then."

Rosie carefully walked over to the woman. With a nervous smile, she intertwines her hands together, "Is there something I can help you with?"

Her voice was soft and calm. Flushed, Jisoo turned to face the plants once again, flattening her skirt absently. "Yes," She composed herself, "My friend, my fussy friend, has recommended this shop to me. She expects we to bring a suitable flower arrangement for her."

Rosies eyes brightened, "Is it for a party?"

"It's a gift," Jisoo replied flatly.

"Oh," Rosie looked at the tulips Jisoo was burning here eyes into, "Do you have any particular flowers in mind? These red tulips tend to be popular amongst lovers."

"We're not lovers," Jisoo retaliated.

"I never meant to offend- what sort of thing did you have in mind?"

"I don't know, you're the florist, what do you think?" Jisoo crossed her arms, she did not realise how out of her depth she was until now.

I- I'm sorry... miss... bit I cannot make an assumption about a client without any knowledge to who they are," Rosie explained.

Jisoo glanced at the girl, "Her name is Lisa."

"The dancer?" Rosie asked in awe.

"Yes," Jisoo responded, with a sense if pride for her friend, "The dancer."

"She was here last week." Jisoo looked at the girl, a excited smile across her face, "She picked up-" Rosie cut herself off.

Jisoo realised that the girl was intimidated by her. No, Jisoo was just being rude. The poor girl was struggling to do her job because of her. Playing nice, Jisoo let a small smile greet the florist, "What would you recommend for her?"

Within no time, a bunch of flowers had been selected, each to Jisoo's agreement and approval. Jisoo tentatively held the flowers in her left hand, the green plastic wrapping crinkling with each movement.

Rosie was just finishing the payment when Jisoo thought to speak, "How long have you owned this store?"

Rosie handed Jisoo her card back, "A year or so."

"That's very impressive, I think I could have only held mine for a few months back then." Jisoo slipped the card into her handbag.

"Thank you," Rosie's cheeks flushed, " Do you own a shop as well?"

"No, but I do own a couple chains, maybe a high end clothes store, I might have sold it." Jisoo would have to check with her assistant later.

Rosie's eyes widened, "Wow... you're a CEO?"

"Yes," Jisoo wanted to talk to the girl about something other than her job, "You know what advice I would give to you?"

Rosie shook her head.

Jisoo put her free hand on the counter, "Be forward, don't be afraid to stand up for yourself. This is your shop, not the customers. Not mine."

Rosie glanced at her own hand, now resting so close to Jisoo's, she moved it away, "If you say being forward is the way," The florist slipped a card between Jisoo's fingers, "Here's my business card, if you need flowers for any reason, come to me."

Jisoo took her card, "Will do," She young woman walked over to the entrance, "Oh and Rosie? Thank you for your assistance today. I don't know what i would have done without you."