Part 4

Her eyes look off screen. Her face becomes one of defiance. She's angry now. I guess it is you she looks at. She was always stronger than I am but hotter tempered. She would have no problem holding your gaze and letting you exactly what she thought of you.

The image changes to a different view. Oh Christ you've edited the video. It's from a camera in the corner of the room. I see her tied to a chair. It's in a different building I don't recognise. You stand in front of her with her case in your hand.

How did you capture her? What went wrong? How did you know? She was going to pick you off from a distance; you should have never seen her coming.

But you did, just as you saw me coming. We underestimated you greatly.

I watch the screen as you put her case down. You open it. You slowly take out her rifle and the extended gun barrel. You study them briefly then fit them together. You hold the butt in close to your shoulder, aim at the wall and look down the sights.

"I always found the sniper rifle a cowardly weapon. Just as I find the act of the hunt cowardly." You voice takes me by surprise.

"To take such preparations that you minimise danger and ensure of victory with the least amout of effort. It shows distain for the one you hunt. Indeed, to refer to them as 'prey'."

On the screen you turn and point the rifle at her. The image switches to show a close up of her face and chest. She is looking up at you. The defiance on her face wavers. Her breathing is speeding up. She knows what is coming and so do I.

A muffled gun shot. Blood spurts out from under her chest. Her body is rocked back from the impact. Her mouth is gaping, she struggles for breath. Her eyes are wide. She looks down to try and comprehend what has happened to her.

Another shot. This time into her right breast. Blood spurts out of her mouth as the bullet has gone into her lung. Her breaths are wet gurgles. Her head lulls from left to right, she stares around her as if she is looking for help. She coughs as blood fills her throat.

"When the pray catches you, you must be prepared for retaliation."

You shoot her in the throat. Blood runs out of mouth. Her eyes are filled with terror. She can't breathe now. All she can manage are wet rasps. Her mouth opens and closes in a vain attempt to get oxygen.

I can't take my eyes off the screen. I feel a tear run down my cheek. She is almost gone. Air rattles for a final time in her throat and she is still. Her eyes are locked in fear and stare into space.

I can't turn my head from the screen. I close my eyes. I want to wail and scream but I can't, your sedative has dulled me.

I reopen my eyes when I hear you move the screen to one side. You put a video camera on a tripod in front of me.

It's my turn.