Chapter 3

(Louis' pov)

I woke up at about 11am to the quiet and calming sound of Zayn's snoring across the room. Liam had thankfully left the curtains pulled over when he got up. I presume he's downstairs having breakfast. For a few minutes I just lay in bed with sunlight streaming in through the little crack in the curtains thinking about what I wanted to do today. Yes, I think I'll ask the others if they want to have a walk around town and then have fish and chips for dinner. I got up out of bed and put on a pair of sweats and a striped t-shirt. Then I went downstairs to look for Liam.

I found him soon enough talking to a girl with long brown hair and lovely blue eyes who was busy serving breakfast. "Oh hello Louis, this is Emma. Emma, this is Louis, my best friend." he introduced me to her. "Oh hi, nice to meet you" I said. "You too." She answered, smiling shyly. "I was just asking Emma if there were any fun things she could recommend doing here." Liam explained and I asked him about my plan. "Yeah, of course ... Emma, do you know a good fish a chip shop we could go to this evening?" He asked the girl. "There's a really nice pub just down the road. Actually a friend of mine works there, so I could ring him and tell him you're coming later on today. Is it just the two of you?" Suddenly I remembered Zayn still fast asleep upstairs "No, there's three of us. If you could ring that would be great." I quickly corrected her. Oh no, I am really not looking forward to waking Zayn up. He is just not a morning person and grumps at anyone that dares wake him up before noon. Liam and I decided to do it together and walked back up the stairs and along the carpeted hallway back to our room. "Zaaayn, wakey wakey. Rise and shine!" Liam whispered trying to get him to at least move his head. But Zayn just muttered something at us and went back to sleep. I decided it was better to just get it over and done with, so I got onto the bed singing my own made-up song. "I love carrots, I love carrots" I shouted at the top of my voice jumping up and down. Zayn groaned and opened his eyes but still didn't seem quite awake so I decided it would probably be best to sit on him, just to make sure he knew I was here and trying to wake him up. "Ooow louis gerrof me!" he screeched throwing the covers back. That's when I realised I had better get a safe distance between the two of us if I wanted to survive this holiday. Luckily Zayn just got up and stomped off to the bathroom, probably to have a shower and do his hair with the help of his many styling tools. 

Once we were all ready and had had breakfast we said goodbye to Emma and went outside to explore the new place we were staying in. It was once again a beautiful day and the sun was high in the sky. We walked along the narrow cobbled streets enjoying the silence and looking at all the little souvenir shops selling shells and buckets and spades for children. We found a nice one with a model sailing ship in the shop window, so Zayn and I decided to go in and take a look. Just as I was checking out a box made of shells on one of the shelves, I realised that there was a boy at the back of the shop, watching us. He had beautiful chocolate brown curls and was wearing a checked shirt and black skinny jeans. When he realised that I had seen him he came over and asked: "Hello. Can I help you? Do you want to buy anything?" I couldn't help noticing his dazzling green eyes and dimpled smile. "N-no thanks we're fine, just looking." I answered, suddenly shy in his presence. As soon as I had said that Zayn came over and asked if I was ready to go. I waved a quick goodbye to the boy and we went back outside. Just before I left I heard someone yell "Shit shit shit, there aren't any crisps left! Haz, I'm hungry!" from the room at the back of the shop. Chuckling, we joined Liam who was in the next shop along. We carried on browsing a bit and ended up buying ice creams and walking back to the harbour eatiing them.

It was starting to get a bit colder so we decided to go back to the hotel and get changed. We headed to our room and I put on a pair of skinny jeans and a beanie. After a few minutes we were all ready to go, grabbed our phones and wallets and made our way ouside. The air was really quite chilly now so I pulled my thin jacket tighter around my waist and trugded after Liam and Zayn who had gone ahead. After a five minute walk we got to the place Emma had recommended and went inside. A woman showed us to our seats and asked us what we wanted to drink. " A coke for me please" I said and the others wanted the same. The fish and chip shop which was actually more like a small restaurant, as it sold other food aswell, was very pleasant and cosy. It was an old building with stone walls and a big fireplace opposite the door. The room was filled with heavy wooden tables and old fancy looking pictures hung from the walls. It was dimly lit and warm which added to the cosy atmosphere. Once we had chosen what to eat - we all had fish and chips of course - the waiter brought our food to our table. I instantly recognised him.