5- Cliffside Dare

Start from the beginning

Enough fooling around, just tell him.

"I..I want to get away because I feel guilty for wanting you so much.."

His whole face changes instantly from anger to one of surprise. "You want me?"

"...yes. I may seem crazy, but I've been fighting my..desire for you.."

Inching closer, he's right in my face and takes it in his hands, "You're not crazy for being honest."

His chest rises and lowers as he steadily moves closer, when I meet his eyes, they're filled with lust and I know if I let him have his way—we won't stop.

I stroke his cheek, letting him revel in my touch. This relationship was purely infatuation, wasn't it?

We didn't love each other. Hell I don't even know if John was capable of love, if he even knew how to, maybe obsession... but not love.

Our lips draw close and I can taste his breath as it mixes with mine—cinnamon, like the gum he often chewed. What happens when we end?

"John..." I whispered but he ignores me and pressed his lips hungrily on mine. The kiss takes my breath away and I find myself running my hands into his hair as his grip my waist. He groans deeply against my mouth as he explores inside.

A moment later, he's kissing my neck on top and slowly grinding his hips on mine. It's now that makes me realize I can feel my legs again. I claw at his back, digging my fingers in which only seems to make him more animalistic.

"John..stop." I say into his ear before nibbling on it.

It was torture...wanting your enemy. Why did we have to be on opposite sides? Why couldn't he see what he was doing was wrong?

He lifts his head up to stare at me, his pupils dilated as they do and I can feel my chest ache from the look he's giving me right now.

I kiss him what could be the last time, our lips fit so perfectly together it made my next move even harder.

Bringing my knee up swiftly into his groin, I kick him off of me until he smacks hard onto the cement floor hitting his head against the metal bed frame on the way. I scramble up and jump over him quickly as he groans in pain, holding his head.

I pick up the crowbar and smash the bunker's button to unlock it.

"TEEVIN STOP!" He shouts after me desperately, but I don't. I can't stop or I know I'll never escape his twisted hold on me. It took everything I had to run up those metal stairs and outside. I shut the door after me and slide the bar as a makeshift barrier. It wouldn't hold him for long though.

Without hesitation, I book it into the forest with just the clothes on my back—the same riddled ones I started this journey with. Gasping, I keep pushing myself through the trees. I had no idea where I was and I cursed myself for not paying attention during the plane ride.

"TEEVIN!!!!" I heard John's desperate cry echo through the valley giving me the extra motivation to run faster.

Soon enough, I broke through the trees and came to an abrupt halt on the side of a cliff. "No-no no no!" I grabbed my face and paced back and forth trying to think of what to do.
He's going to find me if I don't do something!

"TEEVIN! COME BACK PLEASE!!!" His distant shouts pulled at my chest and I panicked realizing they were getting closer.

I turn around and stare at the cliff, narrowing my eyes. I climb down it.

Crouching down, I hold the edge as I slowly lower my leg on a rocky ledge.

"Good idea, Teevin. Climb down the rocky cliff." I grit through my teeth. Talking to myself seemed to become more of the norm lately, especially after meeting John.

Climbing down was a lot different than climbing up a cliff. Something I may have been great at when doing it for fun, and had proper gear on so I didn't plummet to my death.

I could hear slamming footsteps in the dirt drawing near and I swallowed the lump in my throat as I began sweating. I wasn't strong enough yet, I had just been attacked by a wolf and drowned in a river.

And here I am, being ungrateful that John was the person who brought me back to life. He risked his own to save mine.

"TEEVIN! WHERE ARE YOU!?" I heard him shout, his voice raspy and exhausted and I knew he was close—too close. I paused going any further as I didn't want him to hear me and when I thought I was safe, I stepped down again.

The drop below was roughly forty or so feet and I continued climbing down cautiously. Joining his side seemed sweeter and sweeter but he'd never listen to me after this.

Pebbles crunching beneath his boots made me freeze. Oh shit!

The closer he got, small pebbles scattered off the edge and landed on my black tank top. At this rate he's going to find me.

When I look up, my heart stops.

He's staring right at me.