Epilogue

A/N: After reading this story, I hope, from the deepest of my soul, that you'll be kinder, more understanding, and more compassionate to our Muslim brothers and sisters. They're the most wonderful yet misunderstood people in the world.

Let there be light.

Epilogue

If I have to describe her, Parvana Naia Bukhari is an angel who stepped into a pandemonium.

Ito ang pumasok sa isipan ko habang mabigat ang loob na naglalakad sa dilim. It was so random. I had a very tiring day and I thought I would end it with a glass of brandy, and Naia, exceptional as she is, suddenly came into my mind.

The quiet chatters of people filled the room and the occasional tinkles of crystal glasses against each other rang in my ears. Lifting one of my heavy boots, I sauntered towards the waiting bartender at the bar and ordered the usual.

"You're back again."

Nilingon ko ang babaeng biglang nagsalita sa aking tabi. Malayo ang tingin niya, pero alam kong ako ang kinakausap niya. For a woman, she's really tall. Dressed in a skimpy red dress that reveals most of her skin, she nursed her iced margarita in silence. Albeit the dress is provoking, she's got an aura that she's not here looking for a bang.

I sighed inwardly. Even if she is, I'm not even interested.

"Do I know you?" sa mahina at magaspang kong boses na tanong sa kaniya.

"Highly unlikely. But I know you..." she chuckled softly and took a sip from her margarita. "Who wouldn't know you?"

Isang hilaw na ngiti lamang ang iginanti ko sa kaniya. She smiled back, but it was nowhere near the smile I've been missing for all these years. It was not genuine. It was fatal and sensual. It's inviting men. She's like a siren luring foolish sailors to their death.

I've seen clever predators like her before. She's the type to hoodwink people with her elegant and sensual looks, and then bleed them dry for her own benefit. I could tell she's not new to this. And in other instances, she would've been my type of woman. Bold and daring. In other instances, I would've grabbed her by the waist by now and drown her in kisses before we stumble to bed.

But I couldn't get myself to do it.

Sa mabagal na paglingong muli sa bartender ay pumasok na naman siya sa isipan ko. The pair of soulful eyes that smiles her angelic smile. It was very genuine, endearing and it's driving me crazy that I missed her so much.

"I have a place down the street." Patuloy naman ng babaeng nasa tabi ko. She's cool and got herself maintained throughout the conversation. But despite her flirtatious smile, I could see the coldness in her eyes that could never be concealed with her heavy makeup. "If you want..."

"Sorry, shawty, I'm not in the mood tonight." Tamad kong wika at nagkibit-balikat. She stared at me, a quick surprise crossing over her pretty face, before she snapped herself back again.

"Oh... right. You're dating that governor's daughter, right?"

"I'm not dating anyone." I said tiredly. "Even if I am, I'm still not interested."

She pursed her lips and squinted her eyes at me, probably annoyed by the fact that she can't easily lure me. Maybe a few drinks will help to convince me, but I wouldn't be hanging around here for too long otherwise I would land tomorrow's headline in my drunk state again.

It would drive my road manager crazy.

Tinungga ko ang laman ng aking kopita at mabilis na ibinalik iyon sa counter, kalakip ng aking bayad. Tamad kong isiniksik ang kamao sa aking bulsa at nagsimula nang humakbang palayo.