"I'm going to. And you're ordering food," she picked up her phone and left the room, leaving me to attempt a call for some pizza.

***

Luke arrived 10 minutes after I had ordered the pizza and I actually was excited to see him. Except, when I got closer to him, I noticed the dark circles and bags under his eyes.

"Have you slept at all?" I wrapped my arms around him in a tight hug, practically suffocating my face in his shirt.

"An hour or two here or there in classes," his voice was crackly, but he didn't skimp on the hug. His arms were just as tight around me and it felt like a Luke hug that I didn't know I missed.

"Have you eaten?" Jess asked, her voice unintentionally judgmental.

"Not today, no."

"I mean at all," Luke was quiet, and I felt his chin lower onto my head as he rubbed my back and hugged me tighter to him.

"Haven't been up for it much," he mumbled, and I could only imagine the look on Jess' face because she knows he eats at least five times a day.

"Well," she drug it out, only a long pause awaiting after.

"I ordered pizza," my voice was muffled into his shirt. "hope you'll eat some."

"I will," he gently peeled me off of him and held me at arm's length, which is incredibly far given his long arms. He gave me a smile, but it seemed so shattered. I had no idea the affect I could put on a person just by saying I needed some alone time.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, terrified my voice would give away my possible breakdown. I heard footsteps fade across the floor, but I couldn't look anywhere but Luke's pale face. He shook his head, pulling me back into him again. I held onto him, afraid to let go. I lost him once, I didn't want to go through that again.

"You know I love you," he muttered, his arms getting so tight it was almost uncomfortable.

"I love you, too," I said into his shirt. It was difficult to say it, because I hadn't told him in awhile. But I know the feeling was there when he was actually here, holding onto me as I held onto him.

"Is everyone happy now?" Jess' voice came from the kitchen. I pulled my head back and looked up at his face. He smiled and nodded.

"Yes," I said, smiling back at him.

"Okay, you have my permission to make out or something," we laughed and he placed a small kiss on my cheek.

"Maybe I can make it up to you later," he winked and I giggled, my stomach doing flips.

"Sounds good to me."

"You better 'make it up to her' in someone else's house!" Jess called, causing us to go into a laughing fit.

"I don't know, Jess, your room seems pretty vacant," Luke grinned, taking my hand, and pulling us both up the stairs.

"Hemmings! Don't you dare!" I heard her follow behind us, chasing after us both. Luke threw me into her room and quickly shut the door, a loud thud! coming from the opposite side and Jess yelling so many profanities. Luke chuckled then locked the door, taking off his shoes then hopped up on the bed.

"What are you doing?" I smiled, laughing a little as I watched him start jumping on Jess' bed.

"Just jumping," he grinned like a child, kicking sweaters in all different directions as he jumped.

"Luke! Get off of my bed!" Jess hollered, banging on the door. I laughed, falling back onto the floor.

"Make me, Sceals!" Luke hollered back.