XLV. WASTE

―♡―
𝐖𝐀𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ ғɪᴠᴇ - 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦]

'i should've known it the day we met, that shit is worse than a hit and run'

that shit is worse than a hit and run'

♥♕♥♕♥

Jackson and Noah were in the middle of digging a grave out near Jackson's grandfathers when Hayley and Thea walked over to them with Kaiden and Hope to update them on what was happening. Jackson Hammered a wooden gravestone, which was carved and burnt with the initials A.L and a crescent moon into the soil as Noah sat idly by his side, not at all happy with their current situation.

Much like Thea, Noah knew that Klaus wasn't the one that had killed Aiden. And, much like the Lockwood teen – he hadn't wanted to turn and run away from the Mikaelson's. Though the wolf wasn't exactly as close with them as Thea was – he knew that they were the best defence to protect the twins from Dahlia. But he also understood that Thea was scared and that she thought she was doing what she thought was her best option.

He was annoyed at both Hayley and Jackson, knowing it was their input that swayed Thea's decision to leave but no matter how hard he tried to dissuade her from leaving, once the Lockwood teen was set in her ways, that was it. The wolf prayed that they could protect the twins themselves out in the woods, but no matter what, Noah had vowed that whatever happened, he would gladly lay down his life if it meant the twins were safe.

"Elijah called. Freya is doing a locator spell to find us. We need to leave. Now," Thea informed them, still feeling rather guilty about running from her family despite knowing it was their best option. "Wait – you're burying Aiden here?" the Lockwood teen frowned as she noticed that Jackson was digging a grave for Aiden.

"We can't keep carrying him around forever," Noah replied, shrugging casually as Jackson sighed, wiping the sweat from his forehead as he looked up towards the two hybrids. "Just give me a minute to get him in the ground and we'll get out of here," the alpha told them, his tone laced with guilt about what had happened to Aiden.

Hayley frowned at her cousin and husband, appalled by their words, "you said that this is how wolves bury murderers and traitors. I know that Aiden was answering to Klaus, but he was loyal to the pack in the end! That's what got him killed, Jack!" the hybrid argued causing Jackson to sigh once again, this time frustrated as he threw the hammer down.

"You don't think I know that? You think this is how I wanna...put Aiden to rest?" Jackson retorted as he stared up at both girls causing Thea to frown at him sympathetically as Hayley looked apologetic. "We don't have a choice, Hayley. You guys said it yourselves, we gotta go," the Alpha continued, his tone thick with grief and guilt causing Thea to clench her jaw in frustration.

As she rocked Hope in her arms, Thea shook her head determinedly, "it's not right. If we expect the wolves to put their lives on the line for my children, they deserve to know that their lives matter to us," the Lockwood teen retorted. Noah nodded at her in agreement as Thea sighed deeply, "we'll take Aiden down-river, give him a true Crescent funeral," Thea decided, looking from the twins to Jackson, Hayley and Noah in determination.