XXII. PLAY GOD

―♡―
𝐖𝐀𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ - 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘥]

―♡― 𝐖𝐀𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ - 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘥]

'keeps a keen eye on the in-between,
from the people to the queen'

♥♕♥♕♥

Thea had decided to go to the bayou to visit Hayley, Noah and the others and as soon as she got to the shack where Eve and Hayley were – the older blonde woman had insisted that she helped Thea prepare for giving birth, knowing the day was quickly approaching. Thea had found the idea annoying at first, though she soon came to be rather thankful for the woman, knowing she wouldn't have a clue what to do when the time finally came.

Eve and the rest of the wolves had become as much of a family to Thea as they were for Hayley. Obviously, she had no real connection to the pack – but the more time she spent with them, she came to think of them as her pack too. The Crescent wolves had taken the Lockwood teen as if she were one of their own, protecting her and caring for her as if she were a part of their pack – which they believed she was.

Thea laid back slightly on the bed, following Eve's breathing instruction, pretending as if she's actually giving birth. "That's it. Inhale and release," Eve instructed calmly as Thea placed her hands on her swollen stomach, breathing just as Eve said. "I guess this means no epidural, huh?" the Lockwood wolf joked causing Eve to chuckle slightly, shaking her head causing Thea to frown.

"You sure she can't do this thing in, say a hospital? The place with the doctors?" Hayley asked as she watched the two women with a slightly concerned expression, feeling protective over the young teen. "Yeah, and the drugs?" Thea added, a grimace on her face as she thought about giving birth without any pain relief. "Honey, the werewolves have been having babies out here since before you both were born. Stop worrying," Eve assured them both – though it did little to ease Thea's concerns.

"Okay. Then what, Eve? I mean, I don't even know what it's like to have a real mother, let alone be one," Thea said sadly as she thought back to her own mom. It's not as if Carol Lockwood had been a bad mother, it's just she was always so wrapped up in the families wealth and being the wife of the mayor to really pay too much attention to her children. Thea never blamed her for it – but it had been the reason why both she and Tyler acted out so much as children.

They were never really given much attention as children and their parents were never really home. Carol and Richard Lockwood believed that giving the twins expensive things in replacement for them being present in their childhood was enough. By the time the twins turned 12 they had all the latest technology and all the designer clothes they wanted – but they lacked the love of a parent.

Thea knew both her parents loved her, but it was only when the twins' dad died that Carol began to become more invested in their lives and Thea vowed that her child would never feel the loss she had felt for the first 16 years of her life. "Trust me, when the time comes, you'll know exactly what to do," Eve soothed, placing a comforting hand on the wolf's arm in an attempt to ease her worries.