XXX. HORNS

―♡―
𝐖𝐀𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ - 𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘴 ]

'got a touch like a thorn, cause the girl she's hiding horns'

cause the girl she's hiding horns'

♥♕♥♕♥

Thea woke up with a grown, using her left hand to soothe the ache she felt in her neck as her eyes filtered around the room; trying to figure out where she was. "You're awake," a voice called out causing Thea to jump slightly as her eyes moved to find Lenore, Marcel's witch, stood leaning against a cauldron watching the hybrid with an amused smile.

The Lockwood teen frowned in confusion as she pulled herself to her feet, wondering how she'd ended up in Lenore's shop in the first place. The last thing she remembered was Esther jumping bodies and Finn snapping her neck. At the thought, Thea's eyes widened in realisation – she wasn't with Lenore, she was with Esther.

"You know, Esther, if you wanted to talk in private, you could've just asked. You didn't need to snap my neck," Thea muttered with an irritated scowl as she walked towards the bench where the witch was stood, rubbing her neck as if to ease the ache. Esther smirked in amusement at the brunette's comment, amazed she'd managed to figure out who she was so quickly.

Before the witch had the chance to respond however, Thea's phone rang, the shrill tone cutting through their conversation. The Lockwood teen frowned as she pulled the phone out of her bra, having no pockets in the dress she was wearing to keep it, as Esther washed the snake's blood from her hands. Thea smiled slightly as she read the caller ID before flicking her eyes nervously towards Esther, finding the witch already looking at her.

"Go ahead. You can answer it," the witch smiled encouragingly causing Thea to frown slightly in confusion, not understanding her play before quickly answering the phone. "Klaus? I'm at Lenore's shop..." the teen rushed out, not waiting for her boyfriend to speak before she did.

"That'll be enough," Esther stated as she thrusted her arm forward and used her magic to kill Thea's phone causing the brunette to scowl angrily. "They're gonna come for me, you know," Thea warned the witch, glaring at her threateningly as Esther simply smiled at her in response, "my darling, that's been the idea all along."

♥♕♥♕♥

Klaus and Elijah raced our of the compound, both with matching determined expressions on their faces as they sought to save Thea from their mother's clutches. "Why would she go through all of this trouble just to get Thea alone?" Elijah inquired in confusion as he walked beside his brother with a brisk pace, puzzled by his mother's play – she had been at the dinner with Thea, what could she possibly need to say to her alone?

"To kill her? To punish us? To learnt he truth about the twins? For one of any number of reasons, all of which will be rendered moot when I send her screaming back to hell," Klaus fumed angrily, a furious scowl resting on his face as he and Elijah stormed down the street towards Lenore's shop. The last time his mother had taken Thea, she had hurt her and stripped them of their soulmate bond.