Edge Tracker, GO!

The Edge Tracker’s warp engine lightened up blue. Indigo ray flared up around it and went invisible afterward. Indicator lights on Malaka’s gravitational crane went on pulsating. Latches removed themselves from The Edge Tracker’s outer aft hull, letting the explorer floating freely.

“Preparation for Departure of Exploration Vessel Edge Tracker, designation Planet Thorganth, Hugarnass System, is now commencing. All non-required personnel and drones please leave the room. All escort drones on Bay Nineteen please stand by to guide Edge Tracker to Hyperspace Gate Seven-Seven-Alpha” soft, protocol announcer’s voice filled Bay Nineteen.

Six Five-armed robot drones - triple the size of normal humans with thruster pods for legs – then started to surround Edge Tracker. Two in fronts, above and bottom. Two in the middle sections, and two escorting the thrusters section of the blue painted explorer.

“Bay 19 departure gates are now opening. Mobilization permit for Exploration Vessel Edge Tracker is now in effect”

The triangular-shaped double decked ship started to move slowly, with its escort drones in tow. In front of it, three-layered massive gates opened lazily, yellow and red indicator lights surrounding them started blinking. The stellar panorama of Nebula Camadonna, some 5 million light years from Malaka and brimming in red, blue, and green came in sight. When the gates are fully opened and The Edge Tracker was out, the blue magnificence of Nectorro (the orbit host of Malaka) , fifth of Twin-yellow Ardacca, came into view.

“Exploration Vessel Edge Tracker is out of Interstellar Port Malaka. The Edge Tracker, please wait for weaponry permit to be in effect and increase your velocity. All escort drones are permitted to put their arsenals on stand by.”

Edge Tracker was then escorted to the nearest Hyperspace Gate, numbered Seven-Seven-Alpha, designation Hugarnass System. It didn’t have to wait in queue, as almost no ship came to Hugarnass System. “It is boring” said adventurers who frequented Malaka. “It is quiet a stable system, so no business being in there” said mercenaries coming to Malaka for supplies (especially medical supplies, they needed them in bulk). Only a fraction of Malaka’s patrons interested in Hugarnass, and they were all scientists and archeologists. “It has the biggest density of unspecified artifacts and relics in the database of Interplanetary Scientific Congregation!” said those brilliant minds bend on making other suffers to gain another numerical entry into their libraries of often impractical lists. The Edge Tracker was Federation of Sentient Beings oldest vessel in service.

The gates are rectangular-frame shaped structures, with columns of solar-energy converters and quantum-field generators and aggregators forming the frame.

The Edge Tracker, you are permitted to begin Hyperspace Cruising protocols. Please adjust your warp engines and prepare your arsenal.  Prepare to open hatches to accept incoming Escort Drones”

The Edge Tracker’s warp engines began to shimmer brighter as escort drones moved into opened hatches on the sides of its central hulls. The Hyperspace gates are now fully lightened up, vortex-light was fully opened.

The Edge Tracker, you are..”

“YEAH! YEAH, WE KNOW PROTOCOL! HIT IT, MISTER COLL, WE GONNA DIVE THIS THING ONE MORE TIME!” one brute, harsh, and commanding voice overlapped Malaka’s Protocol’s.

Its warp engines shone fully bright, The Edge Tracker’s accelerated fast, diving right into the Hyperspace Gate. The vortex-light then flared up, swallowing The Edge Tracker, and then gone, taking Edge Tracker with it.

“Departure of Exploration Vessel The Edge Tracker, destination Planet Thorganth, Hugarnass System is now completed”

And so went The Edge Tracker, the most famous private exploration vessel in service of the Federation of Sentient Beings.