Chapter 9

Ryan's P.O.V:

As we entered the lab, a man approached us.

"Entry passes please." He asked us all.

Ric cursed to himself.

"They are with me, we need some supplies from the storeroom to bring them to the queen, I'm a castle staff member." Patrick said showing him his card.

"What kind of supplies, maybe I can help?" The man pushed.

"I need blood from the blood bank the queen is practicing a ritual, and they are here to get some furniture out." Patrick cleared.

"Okay, you can go." The man replied.

We walked across the lab seeing many doctors and science experts working on god knows what, I'm thinking what is basically happening here with the rogues, they are all monsters are they making them more dangerous?

But that isn't the main goal well, in a sense it is cause they can use them against us if they strike a war but that's a point B and the spies will discover what's the purpose behind rogues recruitment, I guess the main challenge for us is to see what's behind this damn door.

We reach the door after 10 minutes cause it was far inside the lab near the storeroom of the castle, Patrick went into the blood bank and fetched a bottle or two just so if someone stops him on his way out he can clarify, he showed us the door and left.

Now it was my time to work as we knew the first lock is a technical one I opened it in less than 5 minutes, we entered that door and finally saw the other door which was the big jackpot, I inspected the other lock and it was tehnical too, in fact it was two way opening lock facial recognition and password so it was easy for me after 30 minutes I opened it too and left the boys to go inside and do their part of the work.

I walked back in the lab area saw Steven and Nina, Steven gestured me to grab a broom from a basket and start mopping the floor with him so I did it and I must admit I did a terrible job, I mean cleaning the floor.

After an hour Jonah and Ric left the doors and started to look around for someone, it was Nina, they approached her and Ric looked like a fireball all red and about to burst, they said something to Nina to which she gasped and then nodded she looked shocked, I was wondering what happened in there that Alaric was almost about to take down the whole lab he even knocked some things on his way out and Jonah was tensed too, even Nina gasped after hearing something from them.

Something happened in there that Ric forgot the point of not trying to get caught, at this point it looked like he doesn't give a fuck if someone catches us cause first he talked to Nina then he knocked things over and left.

I wonder where they left Lucas at, I stayed in the lab for a little bit longer, time passed and I left the lab and went to the hideout to meet everyone there.

At last it was all over now I even managed to steal a notepad from the lab which had the label of chemical reactions if nothing we can at least get an idea of what they are injecting the rogues with that makes them more dangerous than they already are.

As I entered the room everyone was there expect those who had their shifts left to complete, Ric looked like he was about to burst in tears or burst out on someone in here, Jonah was silent not speaking a word even when I questioned.

"Guys, what happened?"

Jonah gestured me to shut up and I did, maybe they'll tell when everyone comes back.

"We got what we wanted and we are leaving today as everyone gathers." Jonah said finally after what felt like an eternity of a silence break.

I didn't ask anything further and nodded cause I know my best friend had something bugging him right now and when it happens we do the same, we shut up around him and he eventually tells us his issue I hope it's nothing serious I can't see Alaric like this.