Bridge - Atsushi Nakajima

Ξ
Atsushi Nakajima

Atsushi walked down the smooth cemented floor, taking in the clean air of the cherry blossom-themed park. The place was known for its cherry blossoms, but surprisingly, it was always empty or rather, it always has less people. He didn't mind the emptiness of the place, he liked the peace and quiet, it's rare to have it, especially if you're with the Armed Detective Agency.

He smiled as he felt the sweet gush of the wind, blowing towards his face. He walked and walked, looking around the place calmly. He stopped his tracks when he saw a woman in front of him, completely lost in her thoughts, leaning her body on the wooden rails of the bridge on top of the gleaming river underneath.

Atsushi took in her modest beauty; (H/C) locks that shone and blew away with the wind, clear (E/C) orbs, so deep that you could get lost into it, plump lips, and a calm expression plastered on her face. He stood there, agape and was completely lost to her beauty.

He noticed that the (H/C) haired woman had notice his stares and was now looking at him with an evident look of surprise. His eyes widen and averted his gaze away from the beauty before him. He scratched the back of his neck in an attempt to distract himself from embarrassment.

"I-I'm s-sorry for l-looking— I m-mean! Staring at you f-for so l-long" he said, blush evident on his cheeks. The woman blinked at him and giggled softly, making the embarrassed white haired man turn to her.

She smiled at him, "It's okay"

She said something after that but he couldn't hear it properly. His heart was not okay after hearing her voice, sweet and melodious, almost too unreal. He looked at the woman who had this bright aura around her as she smiled at him softly.

With a blink of an eye, the woman disappeared from his sight. He looked around,  wondering where the mysteriously bright beauty had went, but he hasn't had a single clue.

"Neh, Atsushi-kun"

Atsushi looked at Dazai as the brown head called him out of nowhere as he was busy doing Dazai's reports.

Dazai smiled and closed his eyes, putting his hands at the back of his head, "It's said that in that cherry blossom park near here is guarded by a beautiful spirit," he said and Atsushi looked at him, curious.

"It was said that it was a woman, with (H/C) hair and (E/C) eyes, a beauty so out of this world," Dazai continued, "the woman had a lover, a soldier who fought in a war and who, unfortunately, died"

"Before, her lover would say that if he would die, he would always come back to her at the cherry blossoms, at the bridge they first confessed their love."

"And so, she's always at the wooden bridge and she would constantly stare at the lake, waiting for her reincarnated lover."

-

"It's okay, you're back, Nakajima"