Chapter 7: Ignorance is Bliss

As you ran the now empty and dark school. You tried to process how things have come to this. After running down the second staircase, you hid in one of the bathroom stalls and stood on the toilet so your feet weren't shown.

You held your breath as you heard footsteps.

'Maybe if I act oblivious it'll seem like I wasn't the one who just caught her.' You planned nervously.

"I can smell you~"

You heard from afar.

"You smell just like her.... But she's probably at the campfire..."

She was getting closer.

Touka was casually walking down the hall covered in blood.

You began to tremble in fear, She's reached the door stall you're in. She knocks it three times.

"Is someone there~?"

She was about to stab through the door when she heard someone approaching from outside. You had found your saviors... hopefully not your martyrs.

"Oh my gosh! Did you see how beautiful (Y/n) was in that maid costume!"

"Dude, I know what you mean! She must be protected at all cost!"

Both wondering boys laughed.

Touka tsks and runs off to avoid more witnesses. You slowly get out the bathroom and try to run to a more public place. As you ran for a few minutes you slipped on something and fell to the ground. You looked down and saw blood on the ground.

You began to tremble again. As you begin to get up you hear footsteps getting closer. You make quick work and run to the auditorium changing room. You locked yourself in and looked at yourself in the mirror.

You shakingly sigh as you saw blood covering your leg and uniform. You wipe it off and change into the costume the class made for the performance today.

As you finished someone tried turning the handle.

You silently gasp and hoped it wasn't Touka.

"Dude you're going to get us in trouble!"

"Chill! I just wanna peek, besides (Y/n)'s probably at the campfire."

You sighed in relief and decided to ask for help in a low manner. You opened the door as the boys shrieked in terror at your sudden appearance.

"What're you doing?" You asked nonchalantly.

"Nothing!" Both boys squeaked

"We were checking to see if all the costumes were put away."

You sighed and rubbed your trembles.

"Ok look, I'm not feeling so well, so could you be so kind as to walk me to the campfire?"

They both looked at each other and nodded furiously while smiling happily.

You walked with the boys and listened in to their idle talk. As you walked with them you heard footsteps ahead of you. You saw Touka, she was back to normal and was panicking as she stood by the doors to the exit. She had changed was pacing back and forth as she chewed her nails.

She stopped as she saw you and the two boys together. You inhaled harshly and linked yourself with the boys. They gush with happiness and follow your lead and lead you out the school like gentlemen.

"... What are you doing (Y/n)? And where are you going with these.... boys..?" She asked as she clenched her hands and grew angered.

The boys weren't paying attention to her emotions and jokingly acted offended.