chapter three - missing

"What!?" I said and stood up from my desk, which caught the attention of both Prosecutor Park and Secretary Han.

"There has been a report of a young girl missing." Chief Yang repeated.

"Yes I know I got that part. What exactly happened?" I said to him.

"I don't mean to make you come back, but I need your help with this at the police station." He told me.

"No it's okay. I'm on my way." I said and hung up.

I quickly put on my coat and grabbed my bag. Just when I was about done Park Bong Ju came out of his office.

"Is everything okay?" He asked.

I didn't say anything as I left the office. Obviously things weren't okay because this case isn't a usual one. It is a kidnapping and it involved a child. Once I got to the main floor I sped past everybody and went to my car. This was an emergency and I had to hurry.

----

I was sitting on my computer submitting some files when I got a notification on my phone.

Prosecutor Kang, do you have time right now? Can we talk? The text message wrote. It was from Prosecutor Park.

Yes I have time. I'm heading to your office now. I replied.

I got up and stretched. I wonder what this can be about. I went outside of my office only to find his investigator rushing down the hall towards the elevator. I hope everything was okay. By the time I made it down the hall she was going inside the elevator to head down, so I didn't get to ask what was going on. I pushed that thought aside and kept going towards Prosecutor Park's office. I knocked on the door and heard a voice telling me to go inside.

"Secretary Han, how's your day been so far?" I ask.

"It's been fine. Busy as usual." She says giving me a smile.

"Prosecutor Kang, you may come in." Prosecutor Park says leading me to his office.

I smiled at his secretary and walked in with Prosecutor Park.

"Go ahead and sit down." He mentioned.

"Sure, what is this about?" I asked him curiously.

"About the case you texted me about earlier." He said.

"Oh right, the case currently has no leads, so I'm concerned about that." I told him.

"No that's fine. I would be too." He said typing on his computer.

"I found some of my past cases with similar circumstances, so I wanted to give you those so you can look through them." He said while handing me stacks of paper.

"Oh thank you! I'll look through them right away." I said. It seemed like a lot to read through, but it will be helpful.

"Anything I can do to help, just let me know." He said.

"I appreciate it." I said in response. I was standing up to leave before he stopped me.

"So I see you're close to my investigator." He said more seriously.

I cleared my throat and said, "Well not necessarily I mean I did just meet her."

"Well you can't even tell you both just met." He said. He did smile but something tells me he doesn't really find it amusing.

"Prosecutor Park, I actually don't know what got her to talk to me. She seems very closed off, almost distant." I said.

"Well I thought so too, she's known me for almost three years and she wouldn't let me help her so I wonder why she let you." He said.