Chapter 10

Mirrelle Enos as Moira (Theo's Mother)^^

Theo's POV

A family reunion, I'm sitting in the dining room with Father and Uncle Elijah, along with Uncles Kol and Finn who are bound with enchanted manacles "Today, a new future awaits. Forget your animosity towards Elijah and Myself. Instead join us against She who truly deserves your ire—our Mother." Klaus declares. Kol rolls his eyes and Finn looks bored "Do this, and we will welcome you with open arms!" Klaus exclaims happily. Kol reaches for a plate of pastries but Klaus pulls away the plate "But, if you continue to oppose us, a denial of pastries will be the least of your concerns." He continues. Kol sighs again "If all you wanted was my allegiance against Mother dearest, you should have said so! Save me a night shackled to a wall." He said. "Yes, this was Niklaus. My recommendation was to remove your limbs, one by one, until you comply." Elijah tells us. Father laughs, and stands behind Finn and Kol placing his hands on there shoulders "We've no desire to torture you. Provided you vow to stand beside us as Brothers." Klaus said.

I sigh and stand up "Well, Father. This is fun, but let me know when you need me. I'll be in the study." I tell him. I sit in the study lost in thought about what's happened this past week and for some reason... my Mother. I can't stop thinking about her and she sacrificed herself for me all those centuries ago, I'm not even sure what I've been running from all this time... all I know is that everytime I've felt a powerful presence near me, I would run... I would run as far as I could. I could never stay in one place for no than a century then I would feel that presence closing in on me and I'd leave everything behind.

I'm pulled from my thoughts when Father comes back "Son. I'm in need of your assistance." He tells me, I follow after him, Marcel is here too. Klaus storms into dining room where Kol and Finn are still sitting at the dinner table "Gentlemen! I apologize for keeping you waiting. Good news is, I've returned with an old friend. Someone who wants to say hello." Klaus said, Marcel makes his presences known. He smiles broadly "Hello! How's it going, fellas?" Marcel asks rhetorically. "Ah, you again. You ever get bored of getting bullied by my Brother?" Kol sassed. Marcel chuckles "Oh, I volunteered for this." He tells him. Marcel is interrogating Kol while Father interrogates Fin, he tries convince Finn to 'Choose his own path' then leaves the room for Finn to consider his offer.

I approach Finn and he gives me that same look he's been giving me since Mystic Falls "Stop looking at me like that please." I tell him politely. Finn swallows a lump in his throat "How are you alive?" He asks, "What do you mean?" I ask back, "Dahlia should've already taken you, never to be seen again." He tells me. "Who's Dahlia?" I ask, "Yes, Brother. Who is this Dahlia?" Father asks appearing out of nowhere. Finn looks between the both of us before he speaks "Mother was barren, she grew so desperate for a family that she begged one of the most powerful witches in history for help—her Sister, Dahlia. Of course, Dahlia's price was high. She agreed to make our Mother fertile, but in exchange, she sought the first-born as sacrifice. Having no other choice, our Mother gave away our beloved Freya." Finn explains.

So, Esther gave away her first-born child but what does that have to do with me? Klaus scoffs "Our Sister died of Plague." He said as a matter of fact, "Esther give her away. Think about that. The pain, the grief." Finn said. Klaus walks over to Finn until there face-to-face "If what you say is true, then death is far too delicate a fate for her." He tells Finn, "She loves us more than you realize." Finn said like that excuses what Esther has done. This angers Klaus "And is love the reason she wanted my child dead?!" He exclaims, "She was trying to protect you from Dahlia's curse!" Finn yells back. Klaus loses his temper "What curse?!" He shouts, "Dahlia demanded the first-born of every generation. Had your child lived, she would have paid the price! Theo too! And if anyone tried to protect her, Dahlia would come and destroy us all." Finn answers.