assassin au pt 6

we're just gonna pretend guns aren't a thing in this universe lmao i like writing about knives

word count: 1008 words

it had been just over a month since simon's call to logan paul, and nothing had happened yet. vik was constantly on edge, constantly looking around to try and spot anyone acting strange around his... boyfriend? his whatever. something was bound to happen, but logan seemed to be taking his time.

he hated not knowing what to expect, he hated waiting for the inevitable, but it was fine. vik was prepared for whatever the pauls threw at him. there was a reason why his codename was star - he was swift and deadly, practically blinking in and out of existence, using his small stature to his advantage. 

simon may have lost talia, josh may have lost freya, but vik was determined to never lose harry.

---

the day started off like any other day. vik rolled out of bed, ate breakfast as fast as he could, and was out of the door by 9am. he and harry had made plans to meet up at the other boy's flat, since the two callums were going on a day-trip somewhere, and both of their schedules were conveniently lining up. vik triple-checked the sharp edges of his knives before locking the door.

"hey, victor!" harry greeted him with a wide, sunny smile as he pulled his door open and engulfed vik in a hug. "how've you been? it feels like i haven't seen you ages!" vik squeezed back tightly and smiled, mourning the loss of warmth when they finally separated.

"i've been really good, thanks," he said, not mentioning the fact that he had seen harry yesterday during his surveillance. "how about you? everything going well?"

"absolutely," harry said. he was still in his pyjamas, vik noted with a fond twist of his lips, and his hair was still mussed and dishevelled from sleep.

"sorry about all of this," the other boy said with a sheepish grin as the two of them settled down on the couch. "i don't usually get changed when i don't have to leave the house, but i can get changed or something if you want." 

he shrugged. "i don't really care," he said, leaning his head against harry's shoulder contently and smiling when he felt a familiar arm settle around his shoulders as if on instinct. "if you feel more comfortable like this, then it's fine." harry hummed and the duo fell into a comfortable silence.

vik still felt tense and alert, keeping a good look on their surroundings. he had the strangest feeling that it was too quiet, too calm, too peaceful.

that peace was promptly, and quite literally, shattered. vik and harry both jumped to their feet at the sound of glass breaking, vik's eyes frantically scanning the area. the sound hadn't originated from the room they were in, but another one. heart pounding in his ears, he wrapped his hand around the cold handle of a knife, peeking out from its black leather container. 

next to him, harry looked... surprisingly not terrified. vik thought he'd be freaking out, but instead there was a calm, calculating look on his face. no matter - he didn't have time to think about how odd it was that a civilian was this composed. the hallway door slammed open.

vik pulled out his knife and held it in front of him, setting his legs into the stance he'd been taught and carefully regulating his breathing. the intruder was dressed entirely in black, a dark hood pulled up over his head, dagger held in his hand. the serrated blade gleamed under the artificial light.

his eyes darted to the side, and he blinked. 

there was a knife in harry's hand. 

the other boy met vik's gaze, and he saw the confusion in harry's brown eyes, no doubt reflected in his own.

the attacker took this chance to charge forward, and the pair broke eye contact. vik easily ducked the first swing and moved to sweep out his leg as harry grabbed the person's free arm, twisting it harshly and jabbing him in the side. they yelped in pain and lashed out with their blade, movements amateurish. vik easily dodged and blocked the blind swipes and slashed across the hand that held the dagger, forming a cut that immediately began to ooze blood. 

their grip faltered, and vik seized this golden opportunity, targetting the injured hand. another gash and they tried to scream, but harry clamped a hand over their mouth and hooked his calf through one of their feebly kicking legs, pinning it to the ground. vik did the same with the other one and used his unoccupied knee to press their wrist the ground, blade of his knife pressing into their palm.

"let go of the knife," vik hissed, applying more pressure on their wrist and smiling as their shoulder flailed about desperately. his eyes locked with theirs and he pressed his knife harder against the underside of their hand.

"let go," harry repeated, mercilessly twisting their arm.

after several tense moments, they finally did, vik grabbing the dagger from their loose grasp. he turned his head to look at harry.

"what do we do with them?" he asked. harry pursed his lips.

"give me the dagger," he replied, normally bright eyes dark. vik did as he said, watching dispassionately as harry leaned forwards and swiped the blade against the assassin's pale throat, beads of slick blood trickling from the fresh cut. another swipe, and another, and another, and they tried to scream but the sound was muffled against harry's palm, still secured around their mouth. the two of them stopped their feeble attempts to break free until they stopped moving altogether. 

harry dropped the red-stained metal to the ground and turned to face vik, who could feel the racing adrenaline fade from his blood. all that was left was confusion.

"uhh," vik forced the words out, meeting harry's eyes. "...harry?"

the other man exhaled harshly, lips pressed together. "i think you have a lot of explaining to do," he said slowly. "and so do i."

vik nodded. his head span. 

sorry for the delay, exams are coming up and its a bit stressful right now :/